Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Option to disable recommended songs in Playlists

Option to disable recommended songs in Playlists

Plan

Premium

Country
Germany

Device

iPhone 6S

Operating System

iOS 12.1.4

My Question or Issue

Is there any way to disable the suggested songs in a playlist? In earlier versions the recommendations were behind a dropbox menu and could be hidden. Now the recommendations are shown automatically when scrolling down which is really annoying.

I'm just not interested in any recommendations from Spotify, I make playlists with my music, if I want recommendations I get them somewhere else.

Spotify should at least give the users the option to disable the recommendations.

12 Replies

I haven't created a new playlist in a while - but it seems that now ( spofity version 8.5.3.716 ) new playlists automically add a "recommended" section at the bottom. Old playlists don't seem to have this.

This is not the behavior I want. I do not want to listen to "Recommended" songs after my playlist ends.

One workaround is that you can select "repeat" and at least then it does not play recommended songs.

@Spotify is this going to be addressed? The interface is being cluttered by these forced recommendations that people, including myself don't want, to see. The desktop and Android apps give the option to hide these.

I agree, this is so rude of Spotify!

I PAY for Spotify, and you DARE to put your songs on MY private playlist!

This is just one more intrusive and bad design Spotify seems to enjoy rolling out.

What happened to being polite and wishing the best for your paying customers Spotify? Remove the recommended songs from the bottom of my playlists or give me the option to switch it off.

I, and only I decide what goes on my lists. I don´t need input from strangers or algorithms.

Hi folks,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

@tab73, just to clarify, the recommended songs aren't added as part of your playlists, so they won't be played in between the songs that you added to them and won't be included when you share your playlists. Those songs are only suggestions based on the content of the playlist and are only played when your playlist ends. If you don't want those songs to be played once your playlists end, you can disable this feature by turning the Autoplay off.

Although it's not currently possible to hide or disable the recommended songs section in a playlist on iOS, we recommend checking this idea and adding your +Vote and comments to show your support. You can also Subscribe to it to be on top of any new updates we share about it.

Your feedback is important for us as it helps us improve the app and the overall experience. Y can read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

If you have any questions, give us a shout.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Thanks, CarlosE, but hope you realize you directed this thread to a "VOTE" link that closed last year.

Hi there @sfobrian,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

There's currently an open idea - [All Platforms] Customize Start Screen. You can leave a +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread for any updates.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

That's also a "not right now" link. Are you seriously that out of touch?

Hey @sfobrian,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Please note that both linked ideas are still open for voting. We regularly monitor those to keep track of votes and popularity and share report those to the relevant team. We recommend to add your support if they are something you'd like to see in the app.

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

#1 It is clearly not limited to free subscribers and causes problems with playback as inquired and brought up for YEARS (see below links).  The conclusion has to be either you are REALLY that incompetent or it is intentional.

#2 Even if it didn't interrupt playback, please explain why I should have recommendations forced upon me in playlists when I pay for premium and don't want it (outside of it helping YOU with your algorithms).

I fully expect no response or no helpful response as seems to be a pattern.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Podcasts-Partners-etc/Songs-automatically-added-to-liked-list...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Option-to-disable-recommended-songs-in-Playlists/td...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Podcasts-Partners-etc/Songs-automatically-added-to-liked-list...

Hi there @MR345,

Thanks for the post!

The first and last idea you've linked to seems to be related to users accounts being accessed by a third party, rather than a function of the Spotify app.

The second one is a discussion on a app feature. These can only be changed by app updates. Like we've said before, the best way to voice your opinion on which features you find useful and which not, is to create and vote on ideas. 

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

The recommended songs at the bottom are a real nuisance.

When opening a playlist and wanting to listen to the newest tracks I've added to it I'll just quickly and easily scroll to the bottom or press the "End" button on my keyboard in order to see it, but now when I do that I instead just see a bunch of recommendation. It totally disrupts the user flow. I'm expecting to see my own tracks but instead it's like Spotify is presenting me with a playlist radio which is the opposite of what I'm trying to do with my playlist at that moment. I think being able to hide it was a good solution.

Hey everyone,

We appreciate all your feedback on the Recommended Songs feature for playlists within the Spotify app.

Going forward, we'd like to refer you to the Idea Exchange in the Community for any further feedback you might have, where you can either vote for an existing idea or you can submit your own. The Community team is actively bringing your feedback to the internal teams at Spotify - check how here

We’ve put together some existing ideas which we think are relevant to your feedback:

Please note that even if a suggestion didn't gather enough votes in order to get prioritized right now, you can still add your vote and comments there and we'll look into it once the idea reaches the required amount of votes.

Cheers!

XeniaModerator

Suggested posts