Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Persnonal Playlists - Sort Option Resets

Solved!

Persnonal Playlists - Sort Option Resets

Hey.  Running iOS 10.3.1 on an iPhone 7 Plus and Spotify version 8.3.0.896.

The issue I have, and I have replicated on my GF iPhone 6s, is that when I select a playlist to be shown in a particular order (namely sort by Recently Added), the app does this when I'm on the playlist, but as soon as I go to another playlist/come off the screen the playlist goes back to being displayed in 'Custom' order.  No matter what I do (I've re-installed the app, reset the phone etc).

I love having my latest tracks 'pinned to the top' of my playlists, but now I have to keep scrolling through to the bottom as it won't save my preferences.

As anyone else had the issue?  If so, is there a fix or a bug somewhere?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey everyone,

This should be fixed in version 8.4.1

Make sure to go to the app store and update

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Yeah, just noticed this too in 8.3.0.896 (iOS, iPhone 6S Plus).

Seriously guys, those playlist sorting, shuffle, filter issues have really been getting out of hand the last 3 months.

Yep found this out too. Latest few updates are a disaster. Really disappointing.

Still happening in latest version. Probably my most hated bug since the recent "shuffle" and "filter not working" bugs. These are the kinds of bugs that make you dread opening an app.

Last 3 months are the worst state the iOS app has ever been in as far as bugs go, since they all affect playlists, a hugely important feature in Spotify, which makes this so noticable. Hoping these issues get resolved soon

Having this problem too. I use the Playlists feature extensively and this bug is pretty painful for me. I created most of my playlists on the Spotify desktop app, and the filters work fine there - but the settings aren't carrying over to phone.

My info:
1: iPhone 7 Plus
2: iOS 10.3.1
3: Spotify version: 8.4.0.623

I have over 100GB available on my phone so I don't think there's any memory or disk space problems.

It looks like it is fixed in the latest iOS release (8.4.1)

Yeah, iOS release 8.4.1 fixed this for me too, even after restarting the app, the playlists sorting/view setting sticks around again.

Marked as solution

Hey everyone,

This should be fixed in version 8.4.1

Make sure to go to the app store and update

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts