Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Play playlist random, without repeating songs

Play playlist random, without repeating songs

I don’t understand what the problem is with Spotify.

If I have a huge playlist of 100 or 1000 songs, then I can play it from a-z, so that no song is repeated.

I want to do the same thing, but then I want to play it randomly, without repeating songs until all songs have been played.

It even happens now that since I added a new artist with 20 songs, I played with shuffle, heard this artist several times 2 or 3 times in succession (with different numbers), while there are a few hundred songs in my playlist.

Spotify claims that the system can’t handle it, for example if there are 500 songs in a playlist, it will only keep shuffling from the first 50 or 100. The proposal is to play from a-z. I think this is an easy way to get rid of it.

Is someone technically minded that he can claim that what I want is technically possible? So then we can introduce this to Spotify.

When I see that this problem has been around for so long, I do not understand that there is no solution.

Sincerely,

Tivano

3 Replies

Hi Tivano! Welcome 🙂

There is a previous thread that has provided a solution here. Give it a try if you haven't already.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Hi Joshua,

I'm sorry for the late reaction, too busy with listening to Spotify 😉

I found out with your link, thanks.

I hope this is a real solution, strange that Spotify can not even give that answer. 

I'll try,  otherwise; I'll be back 😉

Kind regards,

Tivano

Simple --- add a 'number of plays' column.   Random all songs on Playlist,  puck and play one song,  marked as played with a '1' - all other songs on Playlist with a '0' random,  then change played to '1' and repeat until all songs are 1s, then change all back to '0' or allow to increment to 2 and so on....

Suggested posts