Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I remove the “playing recommended songs for you” feature

How can I remove the “playing recommended songs for you” feature

I don’t want to listen to music that’s not in my playlist
66 Replies

add another premium user to this string, you have two week to fix or address it (after 4 months it should be fixed) or you loose a 10 plus year family account Customer.  I use this to put my 5 yearly to bed and it keeps adding energetic load songs!  Remember we do have other options.

Why are you doing this to us??? Shame on you Spotify. Disgraceful money hungry company. I am PAYING for a good and service. I did not give you my permission to start so why do you make it so hard to stop. 
please assist me, iPhone user, liked songs, NO ENCHANCE OR OPTION TO TURN THIS OFF????

My track has more than 15 songs but it still auto plays. I’ve turned it off in the settings but it still hasn’t fixed it, I’m using the mobile free version on IOS

@Moyinoluwaolaoye9 wrote:

I'm an android user and for some reason I can't access my Playlist which is making me very annoyed right now every time I open one of my Playlists it shows me some thing like this 

@Moyinoluwaolaoye9 wrote:

I'm an android user and for some reason I can't access my Playlist which is making me very annoyed right now every time I open one of my Playlists it shows me some thing like this 

Screenshot_20240116_103231_Spotify.jpg

I have 90 songs in my playlist, clearly a lot more than 15, auto play, is off, smart shuffle is off, idk what to do and I don’t like my recommended songs, please fix this, its really annoying having to listen or skip songs that I are not in my playlist. 

Why is this so difficult to do. The idea of playlists is to have specific songs that I want played. Why would Spotify be okay with annoying users with this stupid feature while driving on a freeway. I still can’t get rid of this feature from my iPhone. Seriously going to switch to another steaming service. Your wrapped feature is not enough to make up for something this incredibly dumb. Read a usability manual or something 

This is exactly my issue!  
I have a 5yr old too who listens to calm piano music to sleep every night but now every 3-5 songs it chucks some random recommendation in that isn’t peaceful piano music at all and she’ll wake up cos there’s suddenly loud singing.
AND on top of this it will play inappropriate “recommended” songs when my daughter is listening to her favourite playlist I have specifically crafted for her. Such as fart noise songs, songs about genitals and periods etc. I’ve had to continuously block multiple artists for her just so it stops coming up.

Not acceptable Spotify sort it out or I am just gonna switch to Amazon tbh. I don’t pay premium to not be in control of the music we listen to, I might as well listen to the free version.

Agreed. Getting sick of Spotify, I pay for the music and to have UI that I can control. Not a ridiculous system where **bleep** is rammed down my throat. Idiots at Spotify always know best though. 😕

I just ended up transferring my playlists to YouTube music.

I was pulling my hair out when this app stopped playing my playlist and instead created its own recommended queue. I’d restart the app and it would return to the same dang place.

Finally figured out under account settings there’s a Playback > Autoplay Similar Content toggle, which I turned off. 
Reading the unreliable shuffle/enhanced shuffle selection, I finally turned shuffle off and just sorted the playlist by song title instead, which breaks up clusters of album selections.

Good luck with the bug-riddled playback! Hope this helps.

seems "my" playlist only works on Macbook and not by Phone. I own an android one and i love listening on Spotify by phone but seems "my" playlist really isn't really my playlist when they add (i mean play) suggested or recommended songs within "my" playlist.

Same 

I can’t listen to my own playlist anymore.

I have the same problem and I turned off autoplay. This whole feature needs to be removed. I'm not paying for a music service to mix in bad music with the stuff that I listen to, especially in situations where I'm driving.

I am bummed since I enjoyed the shuffle feature within my playlists until recently when the playlist became full of songs I had never heard. The reason people create playlists is so they can listen to just those songs! I had to turn off shuffle to get rid of the recommended songs playing within the playlist.

install spotify desktop app, login and disable auto play and it will work on all devices.

I've tried that. Songs are still being played that I never picked out had
any desire to add to my playlists.

if i can fix it, anyone can. you have to be doing something wrong. there must be a reason why no body from the staff is involve in this discussion. this problem has been solved.

Plan

Free

Country

UK

Device

iPhone 7

Operating System

iOS 15.8

My Question or Issue

Spotify keeps playing suggested songs constantly that I have not added to my playlist voluntarily.

Note that my playlist has over 15 songs and this is different to the "We Added" section.

I have already turned off AutoPlay on all of my devices (the iPhone 7, as well as a Windows 11 Laptop) . I disabled Smart Shuffle on my laptop too.

This is quite frustrating. If this can only be fixed by purchasing Premium, please recommend free and better alternatives to Spotify.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Would also like to add that this does not happen for my laptop, and only my phone. For Spotify streaming, I use exclusively WiFi for my laptop and exclusively mobile data for my phone - does this have anything to do with it?

Mine continues to recommend songs even with the smart shuffle off. It’s infuriating. I make a playlist to put my baby to sleep and I put those songs on it because they don’t have loud drum crashes, then the next thing I know I’ve got Billy Joel shouting UPTOWN GIRL in one ear and my baby crying in the other! 

Suggested posts