Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist Link not working on mobile when opened in another app

Solved!

Playlist Link not working on mobile when opened in another app

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Iphone XS

Operating System

iOS14 

My Question or Issue

I have a playlist I have been trying to share with friends and on some places on the internet. When I post the link to the playlist if the user is on mobile and has the app installed there is no issue, and if they are on a computer in the web player, the playlist opens fine. However if they try to open the link from a browser on mobile or in another app (i.e reddit) the playlist link leads to a page that says Oooops, something went wrong. No matter how many refreshes the issue does not resolve. I can include a link to the playlist if that will help with troubleshooting.

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @courthaworth

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

In this case, could you try removing the Local Files from this playlist to see if you're able to share it?

Let us know if you notice any difference. We'll be right here.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hi there @courthaworth,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

Could you let us know if that happens with a specific playlist or with any playlist you share?

A video or screen recording where we can see the issue would come in handy, as well as the link of the affected playlist(s) to narrow down the possible cause of the issue.

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

@CarlosE Thank you for your response. I have only noticed it happening with one playlist. The link is below:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2sQ0f9J1I3I85xIFL52N3x?si=a5WHR7sLQ1yt9wiEWF5xkQ

I have also attached a screen recording replicating the issue. 

Hey @courthaworth,

Thanks for getting back in touch and for that info.

Could you try opening the playlist in a different browser and an incognito/private window and let us know if the issue persists?

We'd also like you to try with another playlist to check if the same happens.

It's also worth trying with a different connection to see if that makes any difference.

Keep us in the loop.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Thank you for your response.

I tried the same thing in an incognito window and the problem does persist. Trying it on and off wifi it goes to the "Oops" screen either way. Other people on other devices/connections have reported the same issue when trying to open the specific playlist on their devices as well

Using a different one of my playlists the problem does not occur and that playlist opens fine so it appears to be an issue with the playlist itself or some settings.

Hi again @courthaworth

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Would you mind letting us know if you've only added songs from our catalog to these playlists?

Keep us posted. We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

NovyModerator

Thank you for responding.

No, there are a few local files on the playlist as well as some songs that used to be on Spotify that have since been removed and are greyed out as a result.

Marked as solution

Hi @courthaworth

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

In this case, could you try removing the Local Files from this playlist to see if you're able to share it?

Let us know if you notice any difference. We'll be right here.

NovyModerator

Thank you for the response. Deleting the local files gets rid of the problem.

Is this a known issue? I would prefer to keep the local files if possible but as removing them fixed the problem I understand if that is not possible.

Thanks again!

Hey @courthaworth,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Importing local files synchs them to your account across devices, but not to the Spotify catalog and our servers. That's the reason why your friends won't be able to listen to a playlist with local files when you share it with them.

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions!

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts