Country 

Italy

Device

Iphone 7

Operating System

OS 13.3.1

SYNC version

Hi! 
I created a playlist containing 49 music tracks. From mobile and desktop I see all the songs but when I connect the cable phone to my car, the number 49 is displayed but much fewer songs (only 11) are shown and therefore I cannot choose the latest ones added to my playlist. This appens for all playlist.
With shuffle, however, the songs are played even if I don't see them.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This is a limitation of Carplay. Your auto manufacturer has told the Carplay interface that it can only show a certain amount of items in a list while the car is in Drive.

Put your car in Park and notice how the list is longer. The idea is that the auto manufacturer doesn't want you scrolling and scrolling and scrolling when driving and using Carplay - they want your eyes on the road.

Spotify can work around this, but in the years since this has started happening with Carplay, has chosen not to.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

This is a limitation of Carplay. Your auto manufacturer has told the Carplay interface that it can only show a certain amount of items in a list while the car is in Drive.

Put your car in Park and notice how the list is longer. The idea is that the auto manufacturer doesn't want you scrolling and scrolling and scrolling when driving and using Carplay - they want your eyes on the road.

Spotify can work around this, but in the years since this has started happening with Carplay, has chosen not to.

😯Thank you so much!! 
You're right, with the car stopped I see all the tracks.

Suggested posts