Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist name has been removed

Playlist name has been removed

I've recently had the title of many of my playlists containing a name deleted because of it "breaking the guidelines" but I don't know what I'm doing wrong, what can I do to make it follow the guidelines so I can keep the name of it? Again, the only thing I've done is named it.

60 Replies

Hello, I received the mail :
We have found the following content to be in violation of our content policies, and we have removed it. Please see our Spotify Terms and Conditions of Use for more information.
spotify:playlist:6VHyHAOj3QwUFyN69eiC5V

I don't understand why Spotify delete the name of my Playlist. Can you tell me more?
The name was "2023. Les 50 meilleurs titres pop rock du moment en France"

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

The mail you received means that someone else has reported your playlist. However, you can rename it and upload a new picture that follows our "Profile and playlist user image guidelines" without any issue.

Also,  the relevant team is already working on a process to decrease false reporting. If you want to show your support for it, we'd recommend adding your vote to this idea by hitting the "thumbs up" button. We'd also suggest checking its status for more info. Any relevant updates will be posted there.

Hope this helps. In case anything else comes up, we will be here for you. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for your answer.

I have no picture on my Playlist. 

I already renamed my Playlist several times but this person reports it again and again (more than 10 times in a few days). I don't understand why...

Can we know who is it? To ask him for stopping those false reporting.

Thank you! 

Can you share what you were trying to name the playlists? That way I may be able to provide some insight into why. 

Hello.

I have several playlists, per year, between 1984 and 2023. For example :

"2022. Les 50 meilleurs Tubes de l'année en France"

"1989. Les 50 meilleurs Tubes de l'année en France"

Very bizarre. Nothing in those titles (at least to me) seems to be insulting in either French or English. What’s the exact error message that you receive? 

I received this mail (nearly a hundred times in one week) :

Hello,

We have found the following content to be in violation of our content policies, and we have removed it. Please see our Spotify Terms and Conditions of Use for more information.

My playlist name, cover photo, and description keep periodically disappearing. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

It also been happening to me for like 2 weeks now. And my playlist titles nor my cover photo doesn't violate any guidelines at all.  fix this asap pls spotify I'm tired of this. and find a proper way to contact your e-mails literally looks like a scam e-mail.

Hello, I have just recieved an email notification saying my playlist with over 1.7k likes was taken down due to it being in violation of Spotify's content policies. There was no link for me to appeal and I have been reported for quite literally no reason!!!!!!!!

Playlist

REGGAETON 2022 ☀️ LA ORIGINAL (+ de 1 millón de seguidores)

Plan

Premium

Country

Chile

My Question or Issue

Spotify me está borrando toda la información de mi playlist cada día. Este problema me ocurre hace un par de años. Tuve que reclamar para que se detuvieran y lo hicieron, pero ahora sigue cada día! Mi playlist tiene más de 1 millón de seguidores y me están banneando sin razón alguna! Es desgastante tener que escribirles correos CADA DÍA sin tener respuesta. Qué pena que así traten a sus usuarios y a quienes hacemos comunidad a través de la playlist.

Playlist 

REGGAETON 2022 ☀️ LA ORIGINAL

I've been having this problem for almost a year now. My playlist which has almost 13,000 followers is having the name removed constantly for the better part of nearly two weeks. I would try to change the name slightly to help, but even now it isn't working. The original name "Songs to feel like a **bleep** warrior" was fine for a while. But now the name keeps disappearing. So when that was becoming annoying, I changed it to "Songs to feel like a warrior". The second name just started to get flagged, and I don't even know why. Literally, both names don't violate any guidelines and I've been dealing with this since this playlist started to gain a following. I'm so annoyed at this point and I don't know what to do. 

I made this playlist 3 years ago, and it's only now being removed. Everytime I open Spotify, the picture, title, and bio of the playlist is gone, and it has been removed from the public. I have reinstated it at least 40 times and contacted customer support and all they have said is refer to an email that says, "We have found the following content to be in violation of our content policies, and we have removed it. Please see our Spotify Terms and Conditions of Use for more information." I'm about to lose it.

It is a common titel . I changed it, but after a short Time it is deleted again and again. Please help. It is nothing special and the picture is also very common

Hello! I have also had this issue. I have 23,000 followers on one of my playlists which I created in 2020 and have had several people copy the playlist and claim it as their own in and now I have people reporting the title of the playlist and copying it. This past week I keep getting an email from Spotify to state “I’m breaking guidelines” and then the title of my playlist disappears?! It’s extremely frustrating to keep trying to rename my playlist to what I created but it’s also equally frustrating that people can just copy your playlist. 

Can Spotify please look into this? 

Hi Spotify,

I’m facing the exact same issue now with one of my playlists. I’m certain I’m not violating any community guidelines so could you help look into this matter?

My Question or Issue

• I have this Playlist with about 1.5k likes and the name keeps consitiently getting removed not even a hour after I change it, nomatter what it's changed to it gets deleted, I changed the name to "thank you" for example which no way violates anything and it got removed for violating guidelines, everytime I've contacted chat support they have hungup on me so now I'm posting here

Plan

Premium duo

Country

Usa

Device

Samsung s22 ultra

Operating System

Android 

Hi, 

My playlist which has over 10,000 followers on it has been reported. How can I resolve this? I have had this playlist since 2017 so I am unsure why it has been reported now? 

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

All

Operating System

All

My Question or Issue

My playlist name keeps getting auto removed after a single report, the name of the playlist is “HARDSTYLE GYM”. Please help

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

HP Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I received an email notifying me that the name of one of my playlists "Quirkless Vigilante Deku" was deleted and left blank due a report that it "violated company guidelines". From what I can tell a ton of playlists containing the word "vigilante" in it had the name deleted. The word isn't offensive, isn't actually promoting crime since it's referring to fiction, and is used to describe a bunch of superhero media so why, exactly, is Spotify removing any use of the word? 

Suggested posts