Premium

Version 

Country

United States

Device

iPod Touch 7th Generation 

Operating System

iOS 13.3.1

I downloaded a playlist I created using Spotify Premium so I could listen offline. 

The playlist appears to be fully downloaded except that, when I go to my playlist, the download button keeps spinning and the download symbol next to my playlist, in the Your Library section, is grey instead of green. 

I have un-downloaded and re-downloaded my playlist as well as uninstalled and reinstalled my Spotify app but that did not fix anything. My Spotify app also appears to have gotten automatically updated but that did not do anything either. 

How do I figure out what is stuck downloading and/or fix my download issue? 

3CF5F080-8D62-4ACA-93DC-FDE1B6C54A57.png
5842F165-E07B-4963-A0DE-4FA9A159DA84.png
4 Replies

Hi there. 

Please follow the steps on "Not downloading?" here.

Plan

Premium

Version 

Country

CANADA

Device

iPHONE 11 PRO

Operating System

iOS 13.3.1

I'm having the exact same issue with the "Soft Rock" spotify playlist. The only song that is stuck on downloading is Howie Day - Collide - Acoustic Version. I'm in Canada... I wonder if it's a song rights thing? I've tried to delete playlist and re-download, reinstalled the app etc.  

Hey @mastermixer99 and @HeyImAmy,

Just jumping in to add some extra steps in addition to those in the link recommended by @引きこもり that you might also want to try.

Firstly, check if you can play the song or songs that won't download online. If all is good, try to download it on a different internet connection or create a new playlist with only the songs in question to see if they can be downloaded on their own and then try the original playlist again. 

Before you re-download, we suggest clearing the cache in the app. Head here to find out how.

In case the above tactics don't work, we suggest going through a clean reinstallation of the app. This will ensure that any corrupted data will be removed from your device. To perform the clean reinstall, make sure to follow the exact steps outlined in this Spotify Answer

Let us know how you get on. We'll keep an eye on your reply!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Unfortunately the steps provided did not work for me. The one song still won't download. I tried to download the same song from the album instead of the playlist and the same thing happens. 

Suggested posts