Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist on iphone app, how to change order?

Solved!

Playlist on iphone app, how to change order?

On my playlist on the computer the newest added song can be put on top so i go from newest to oldest added song. But on my iphone app i cant find how to change order, does anyone know how i change it?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

You can do this by:

1) Go to the playlist you want to edit

2) Click the '...' in the top right

3) Click 'Edit'

4) Click and drag the songs you want to move by tapping and holding on the lines on the right of the song in the list.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I have solved it!! The button is hidden on top Right edge! (sort playlist) 🙂

Marked as solution

@Romano_P @1123149204

This is because the starred playlist used to show the newly added songs at the top.

Spotify has converted all starred playlists into regular playlists to give users more control over it, so the most recently added songs will now be at the bottom like regular playlists.

To show the newly added tracks at the top,

When you are in a playlist scroll up the the top and tap on this and then select "Recently Added"

iOSsort.png

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Marked as solution

This is the correct answer. Scroll to the very top of the playlist and you see a filter search field. Tap the icon on the right of that and you can sort on date. Can't believe I had to Google this.

Marked as solution

Marked as solution

Once you scroll to the top of the playlist and drag it that little further and see the Filter box with the little 3 lined icon next to it, click that icon and, a "Sort By" menu appears.  The only options on an iPhone are Custome Title, Artist and Recently added.  So no Albumn option on iphone, that is only an option on your desktop Mac.

Marked as solution

I've had success with this approach:

1. Sort the playlist by album on my computer (Mac) and press play

2. Open spotify on my IPhone and go to the playlist - it is now sorted by album

49 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

You can do this by:

1) Go to the playlist you want to edit

2) Click the '...' in the top right

3) Click 'Edit'

4) Click and drag the songs you want to move by tapping and holding on the lines on the right of the song in the list.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

This is a poor app, it's 2014 and I have to manually order my playlists on my iPhone Spotify app??? Wow, I'm shocked you cannot click and sort alphabetically... epic user experience fail.

Lol "drag songs to the order I want them in"?

I've got over 1,000 songs on some playlists that would take hours 

Would just be nice to be able to switch from oldest to newest to newest to oldest or by artist/song name a-z/etc like on my laptop....

We are still waiting on such a feature to be added. Interestingly it exists in both android and even on iPad.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

How long do we need to wait for this?

If you are able to create an APP like this it must be peanuts to implement this right..

I see everything from old going to new, that means that every time I need to start the playlist I need to scroll down all the way before I'm able to hear a newly added track.

Please fix this as soon as possible, it would really easy up the usage of spotify on my iPhone 5s iOS 8.

I'm also experiencing the same issue - how to fix that? I want the newest tracks on top.

Marked as solution

I have solved it!! The button is hidden on top Right edge! (sort playlist) 🙂

Hi I'm experiencing the same problem with my starred playlist. It used to be sorted in the order from newest to oldest just as it is on my mac, but after I updated the iPhone app a couple of weeks back the order switched and now the oldest songs are on top. I have thoundands of songs in there, so it's not an option to sort them manually by drag and drop. I want to set it back to the way it was from newest to oldest!

I see the button on the top right, but it doesn't give me any sorting option. Can someone please help me?! thx

Marked as solution

@Romano_P @1123149204

This is because the starred playlist used to show the newly added songs at the top.

Spotify has converted all starred playlists into regular playlists to give users more control over it, so the most recently added songs will now be at the bottom like regular playlists.

To show the newly added tracks at the top,

When you are in a playlist scroll up the the top and tap on this and then select "Recently Added"

iOSsort.png

MattSudaSpotify Star

Found it!! Thank you so much! 🙂

Glad to hear! You're welcome 

MattSudaSpotify Star

It doesnt seem to be possible for me...

yeah right... especially when you have 400 songs in your playlist.. it is showing ther right order on my computer but on iphone it is up side down and it is really annoying! it wasn't like that before but recenlty just changed without a reason

yep so true! i got 400

it was ok on my Iphone at the beginning and recently changed with no reason

i don't have this button 😕

the same here 😞 did you sorted it ???

I don't have the option 'recently added ' and nor 'sort playlist' !

ok I founded it ! thanks

Suggested posts