Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist randomly stops playing on iPad

Solved!

Playlist randomly stops playing on iPad

Premium member; using iPad mini, create playlists for fitness class. This has worked correctly for about 5 months; about 2 months ago, the playlist would not start next song without me touching start arrow. Using crossfade w/11 sec and gapless playback. Have signed in/out, uninstalled/reinstalled Spotify. This has not corrected the problem.

If this can't be fixed, I will be forced to drop Spotify. I must have continous play music for my classes.

Anybody have a fix for this?

Spotify? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have the same problem on Iphone 4s using the most current ios. Dont use crossfade or anything like that and the problem still persists. Not an issue on my Galaxy S4. All songs in the playlist have been downloaded (and undownloaded and redownloaded) to the phone for offiline use as well. Problem is persistent. Happens after about every 3 or 4 songs played back. Please advise for I am considered switching music services if the problem continues. Also noted that this does not occur in Spotify radio but will occur in online playlists.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

try my "solution"-see post from Sat. 6/16;

perhaps that will work. After skipping through the playlist, I logged out of Spotifiy on my iPad, turned it off, then on, then logged back in to Spotify

View solution in original post

11 Replies

@bwins Disable the crossfade, leave the gapless playback running and let us know how it goes. Sometimes the crossfade cause some minor bugs in old versions.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Thanks, Jeremy.

Nothing changed, still stops after 4, then 3 songs, then 2 then 3 again-

using v.1.5.0.2728 on iPad mini; on desktop: v. 0.9.11.27.g2b1a638c running windows 7

very rarely using any tracks not obtained through Spotify

@bwins Thats funny, you are facing this problem on your desktop too? Desktop shouldn't have this issue.

On the iPad Mini, is it a mini or the one with retina display? Because I'm using a iPad Mini w/Retina too and don't exhibit this problems.. Let us know!
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Marked as solution

I have the same problem on Iphone 4s using the most current ios. Dont use crossfade or anything like that and the problem still persists. Not an issue on my Galaxy S4. All songs in the playlist have been downloaded (and undownloaded and redownloaded) to the phone for offiline use as well. Problem is persistent. Happens after about every 3 or 4 songs played back. Please advise for I am considered switching music services if the problem continues. Also noted that this does not occur in Spotify radio but will occur in online playlists.

Desktop Not Affected; It Is iPad Mini W/Retina Display

@bwins Can you do a full restore on your iPad and reinstall back the Spotify application?
I'm here to shuffle!

Yes, Will Try That. Will Take Awhile,But Will Do asap.

Issue not solved, but after making a playlist, I forward through it by clicking the end arrow after each song in the playlist on my iPad. The Playlist worked for entire fitness session. 

Did not want to muddle through a restore on the iPad-hopefully Spotify and Apple can figure this out.

Marked as solution

try my "solution"-see post from Sat. 6/16;

perhaps that will work. After skipping through the playlist, I logged out of Spotifiy on my iPad, turned it off, then on, then logged back in to Spotify

I see - glad that it works out for you. Restore should solve much of all of this playing problems, but you must also make sure that the device has >1GB space.
I'm here to shuffle!

I am having exactly the same problem on my iphone 5 & my mini ipad. This is really annoying (& dangerous) when I'm driving. Starts up again if you fast forward to the next track. I don't have this issue on my desktop or laptop. I've tried deleting & re-installing the app but this doesnt help. All the tracks are downloaded for off line listening. The tracks where it stops will play if you go back & then go forward so they are there & do play. This is a new problem which started this year, previous to that I had no problems with playlists. Please sort this out as its spoiling my Spotify experience a lot.

Suggested posts