Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

iOS 8 iPhone not showing in devices

I have updated to iOS 8 recently and since then my iPhone 5 is not showing up in the devices section on the spotify client. This means i can't sync any of my local files which is abit fustrating. Anyone know if this is a bug or whether its something ...

• Regular
  • I have updated to iOS 8 recently and since then my iPhone 5 is not showing up in the devices section on the spotify client.   This means i can't sync any of my local files which is abit fust...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify keeps crashing when I open app

Spotify keeps crashing on iPhone iOS 8.0 when I open the app it just shows the spotify logo for about 25 seconds and it closes... and I tried everything from restarting my phone, resetting to factory setting, deleting the app an reinstalling, force c...

• Spotify keeps crashing on iPhone iOS 8.0 when I open the app it just shows the spotify logo for about 25 seconds and it closes... and I tried everything from restarting my phone, resetting to factory...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

NOTRE DAME AD CRASH

My app generally has no problems but, just tonight, it started acting up - when the Notre Dame ad pops up, the music stops as if it's going to play a commercial, but it doesn't. I closed it, waited, opened the app again, then it crashes.

• My app generally has no problems but, just tonight, it started acting up - when the Notre Dame ad pops up, the music stops as if it's going to play a commercial, but it doesn't. I closed it, waited, ...
  • ezgiisbilen
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [iOS] Spotify Connect is showing unknown device

Spotify connect is showing/controlling an unknown device 'Lauren iPhone' (I don't know any Lauren) which causes my music to pause. Any users confronted with this issue? I have seen this problem on both 3G as well as a home/public wifi-spot. Already t...

• Regular
  • ...een this problem on both 3G as well as a home/public wifi-spot.  Already tried to 'log-off at all known devices option'   Thanks for your help
  • stefwes
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

downloading for offline on iOS 8

I am new to iOS app, so not sure if this is how things are intended to work or if it is a bug. What seems to be happening is that downloading for offline use stops when the screen turns off. Which is a total pain if you want to download a few hundred...

• Roadie
  • I am new to iOS app, so not sure if this is how things are intended to work or if it is a bug.    What seems to be happening is that downloading for offline use stops when the screen tu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not displaying correct track info on Ford Sync

This problem started back with one of the updates in May/June. With one of the updaets, the tracking accuracy of my Iphone connected through Ford Sync is off. Before the update, the correct artist/song would always show correct on my Sync display as ...

• This problem started back with one of the updates in May/June. With one of the updaets, the tracking accuracy of my Iphone connected through Ford Sync is off. Before the update, the correct artist/...
  • Cobraiv
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline songs not syncing

I have spotify premium on mac and iphone and have follwed the in app instructions to sync offline songs but it doesn't work. I'm on a shared wireless network (at a University) and think that might be the cause of the failure. I plugged my phone into ...

• I have spotify premium on mac and iphone and have follwed the in app instructions to sync offline songs but it doesn't work. I'm on a shared wireless network (at a University) and think that might be...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't skip songs on car stereo when it's pluged in

Hi everyone I use to play my spotify music through my car fine but I have recently re downloaded the app and I can't skip songs now on the stereo or steering wheel only on my phone, is there something on my spotify settings that allows me to skip son...

• Visitor
  • Hi everyone I use to play my spotify music through my car fine but I have recently re downloaded the app and I can't skip songs now on the stereo or steering wheel only on my phone, is there someth...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Listening not working - All three of my ios devices

Hello. I have 3-ios devices that I use with Spotify. I've been a premium member for almost 3-months. Up until today, the listen "offline" feature has worked well. Today, I was listening to the 1st song on an album, when done, it didn't continue to th...

• Hello.  I have 3-ios devices that I use with Spotify.  I've been a premium member for almost 3-months.  Up until today, the listen "offline" feature has worked well.  Today, I was...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Hangs after playing local file in mixed playlist

Hi All, Many searches, many possibilities, nothing relevant, made my own thread: - Spotify Hangs after playing local file and going back to "cloud" file - i.e. no my own file - Artwork changes, timer slidebar is scrolling right, but no sound. - Local...

• Roadie
  • Hi All, Many searches, many possibilities, nothing relevant, made my own thread: - Spotify Hangs after playing local file and going back to "cloud" file - i.e. no my own file - Artwork changes, t...
  • simonoche
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Can't reorder songs in a playlist on iPone

Upgraded to spotify 0.5.9.10, and I am paying for premium. I can no longer change the order of songs in a playlist?? Why not? I used to be able to do this by touching the edit function then touching and holding to the right of the track and dragging ...

• Music Fan
  • Upgraded to spotify 0.5.9.10, and I am paying for premium. I can no longer change the order of songs in a playlist?? Why not? I used to be able to do this by touching the edit function then touc...
  • brettsinclair67
  • Casual Listener
  • 88 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 88 replies
  • 1 likes

How to check how many songs synced for offline mode?

I've having problems with playlists not downloading when i set them to offline mode. Apparently Spotify's iOS app will not download any more songs for offline mode if you have reached the limit of 3,333 songs per device. How does one actually find ou...

• Casual Listener
  • I've having problems with playlists not downloading when i set them to offline mode.   Apparently Spotify's iOS app will not download any more songs for offline mode if you have reached...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

No Devices (Can't Sync)

Hi, so yesterday my Ipad mini and Iphone were synching perfectly fine over wi-fi. Today however nothing shows up under devices and it refuses to work with anything. I tried logging in and out of all the devices, I restarted the devices, I disconnect ...

• Regular
  • Hi, so yesterday my Ipad mini and Iphone were synching perfectly fine over wi-fi. Today however nothing shows up under devices and it refuses to work with anything. I tried logging in and out of all ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify crashing on iPhone 5 when playing offline

I have used Spotify premium for a few months and it has been working well on my iPhone 5. In the past week or so it has started crashing mid-way through an album. It seems to be doing this consistently when playing any album, but only whenin offline ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have used Spotify premium for a few months and it has been working well on my iPhone 5.  In the past week or so it has started crashing mid-way through an album.  It seems to be doing thi...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Add all songs from Local Files?

Is it possible to add all songs at once that you have in you Local Files to a playlist? So that you can listen to your Local Files in your mobile as well.

• Regular
  • Is it possible to add all songs at once that you have in you Local Files to a playlist?   So that you can listen to your Local Files in your mobile as well.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! lastfm reccomandations on spotify

hi, is there a way on spotify iphone app to listen to playlists generated by my lastfm habits?

• Music Fan
  • hi,   is there a way on spotify iphone app to listen to playlists generated by my lastfm habits?
  • hans-jürgen
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Available offline is toggling off without my knowledge

I swiped the slider to green to have my playlist available offline. It syncs my local files. Then after a few days the slider ends up being toggled back to off even though I didn't touch it. Spotify is doing it on its own. Is this some kind of bug an...

• Roadie
  • I swiped the slider to green to have my playlist available offline. It syncs my local files. Then after a few days the slider ends up being toggled back to off even though I didn't touch it. Spotify ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

how to change the order in playlist

So I have a playlist in Spotify where is about 800 songs. Now when I upload some new songs, they go down and the newest song is the last one, so if I want to listen to that one, I have to scroll all the way down. How can I change the order in my play...

• So I have a playlist in Spotify where is about 800 songs. Now when I upload some new songs, they go down and the newest song is the last one, so if I want to listen to that one, I have to scroll all ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPod app won't let me filter music in albums section

Why's that? Is there any problem with the iPod? In android and IPhone this feature in the albums section is available and its great and really useful. Please make it happen!

• Casual Listener
  • Why's that? Is there any problem with the iPod? In android and IPhone this feature in the albums section is available and its great and really useful. Please make it happen!
  • theLazarus
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS 8 - Local Files Won't Sync (Just Pending)

Hi! I've just got my iPhone 6, running iOS 8. I've got Spotify also on my Macbook Pro (running Mavericks). At the moment none of my local files will sync to my iPhone and they're just saying pending. The files are all associated with different playli...

• Regular
  • Hi!   I've just got my iPhone 6, running iOS 8. I've got Spotify also on my Macbook Pro (running Mavericks).   At the moment none of my local files will sync to my iPhone and t...
  • mattblank
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes