Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist wont sync

Playlist wont sync

Hi.

I'm having an incredibly annoying issue while trying to sync a playlist containing offline tracks. I'm using windows and my iPhone 4 (latest app).  Basically it wont let me manually sync a playlist, everytime  I tick the playlist I want to sync it just attempts to sync my entire local library, which is HUGE.

It previously worked fine with no problems, whats going on?

8 Replies

You need to make sure you have unchecked manually manage music and video in your summary tab.  You will get a message say ok and then go to your music tab and you should be able to select the tab that allows you to choose specific playlists.

I'm having the same problem... I have a mac and under devices there are two options: sync all music to this device and manually choose playlists to sync. Every time I click "manually choose playlists to sync" and click a playlist, spotfy automatically changes my selection to "sync all music to this device" and tries to sync everything. I don't get it- to have a few playlists do I have to sync ALL of my local files?

I confirm the bug, it's impossible to manually sync playlists, as soon as I start clicking a playlist I want to sync it switches back to "sync all music" an it starts to add my entire library, which is of course not wanted. I have an iPhone4s with iOS6

SAME PROBLEM. Spotify decides which playlists it will sync and will not allow me to check "manually choose playlists to sync". this is EXTREMELY annoying and i can not figure out how to fix it. I have deleted and re-installed the software on my computer as well as the app on my phone and it has not made a diffrence at all. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME 

There is clearly an issue with sync for offline mode;

Im running iOS.6.0.1 iPhone4s with 0.5.9.10 and Spotify Core 0.7.1.6114

Premium Subscriber ^__^

I am having the same issue on my Mac. Running current versions of Spotify, OSX, IOS, etc.... but it always defaults to trying to sync my entire collection.

Just searched this because I am having the same problem. I remember what I ended up doing last time and I hope this is a decent fix until Spotify gets around to fixing the bug. Let your Spotify app recognize the playlists but continue to keep them unsynced. Then into each playlist manually (via the mp3 player) and make them available offline. It will sync the playlists you have without trying to sync the entire library. Hope this helps.

Is there some sort of fix for this, or is it still an ongoing issue?  it's been many months since the OP, a fix isn't unreasonable to expect by now

Suggested posts