Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists missing on phone after deleting Playlist Folders with nothing in it

Solved!

Playlists missing on phone after deleting Playlist Folders with nothing in it

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone 8 Plus

My Question or Issue

After adding playlist folders on the webapp (on Chrome on Windows), I saw that the changes I made to the order and sorting of playlists didn't really come through on my phone. Some playlists where sorted wrongly on my phone, some werent in the folder they were supposed to, some were in wrong folders. In the webapp they still were correct though (even after reloading and deleting the cache - Those wrong sortings never occured in the webapp). I waited quite a long time in order for the sorting on my phone to be suddenly correct again but it never happened.

So I deleted the folders in the webapp again (resorted the playlists out of them because I didn't want to delete my playlists) as I assumed that the folders were causing this buggy behaviour. Now on my phone a few playlists are missing, some folders are still existing having wrong playlists in it. I dont want to delete spotify on my phone to redownload it again because I dont wanna have to download my gigs of music again. After reloading on the webapp, the sorting on the webapp is still correct and the missing playlists still exist there. Basically, on the webapp I now have more playlists and a correct order of them, on my phone I dont. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try using the Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline devices from your Spotify account.

Note: Using the Remove Offline devices disables the download option for all devices but it doesn't delete your downloaded songs. You just simply have to flip the switch again for the downloaded songs to be made available again offline. The process will just take a few seconds.

Could you try using the Costum filter in Playlists in Your library to see if the changes are reflected? 

I'd also recommend checking this Spotify Answer to learn more about the new library.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try using the Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline devices from your Spotify account.

Note: Using the Remove Offline devices disables the download option for all devices but it doesn't delete your downloaded songs. You just simply have to flip the switch again for the downloaded songs to be made available again offline. The process will just take a few seconds.

Could you try using the Costum filter in Playlists in Your library to see if the changes are reflected? 

I'd also recommend checking this Spotify Answer to learn more about the new library.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

One day later and everything is fine again. I guess my phone needed more time to read into the server data to sync correctly. Anyhow the folder feature still seems to be buggy.  

Thanks a ton anyway. Hope your answer will help others with a similar problem. 

Suggested posts