Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists on Desktop Not Syncing to iPhone 5

Playlists on Desktop Not Syncing to iPhone 5

Hi, 

I recently began subscribing to Spotify with a premium account. I have the latest versions of the mac client and iphone app. My basic problem is that the playlists that I follow on my desktop do not appear on my iphone. It's much easier for me to discover and follow playlists on my desktop client, but I want those on-the-go! When I connect to sync the desktop client with my iphone, the playlists from my desktop are not available on my iphone and I can't port them over. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app from my phone and deleting and reinstalling the desktop client. I've tried logging in with my spotify user account name and also with my facebook account name. Nothing seems to work. Thank you for your help!

4 Replies

Hello there!

Just some points you should check first:

1. Are you logged into the same accounts on your Mac an iPhone.
2. Is your iPhone app in online mode?
-> settings, playback, offline mode -> off!
3. If you create an playlist on your iPhone appears it on your Mac?

And I hope you talk about streaming songs, and not local added ones, because those have to be synced over wifi before you can either see or hear them on your iPhone!

Hi thanks for your response.  I really appreciate it.

1. Yes, of course I'm logged in to the same account. I've logged out and logged in countless times, tried both the Spotify acct username as well as the linked FB username (but always in synchrony btw desktop client and app, so if going username do username on both), and deleted and reinstalled app.

2. My iphone is most certainly not in airplane mode, and I use it constantly to make calls, check internet, etc.

3. Both when I create a playlist with one song on desktop client it DOES NOT appear on iPhone, and when I create a playlist on iPhone with one song it does not appear on desktop client.

Thanks for your help.

Exact same problem (and solutions tried) with me, as described above

With point 2 I ment if your 🎧Spotify App on your iPhone isn't in offline mode.

Is your 🎧Spotify client on your Mac the latest version available?

Suggested posts