iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Lyrics not showing

Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 15.0.2 Spotify 8.6.80.1180 My Question or Issue Apparently everyone in the world got the lyrics with the update. Expect me. How do I fix this ? Or rather how will YOU fix this ?! Empti...

• Regular
  • VALKSPOP
  • 856 replies
  • 312 likes
  • 856 replies
  • 312 likes

Downloading music on Apple Watch

Hey folks!Here's a few tips & tricks to share about downloading music from Spotify on your Apple Watch! - If you're looking to get started, check this out! Not seeing the 'Download to Apple Watch'-button yet? Make sure your Spotify app is up-to-date ...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ver
  • 123 replies
  • 31 likes
  • 123 replies
  • 31 likes

Solved!! I have a different interface compared to my friends

Plan Premium Country Hong Kong Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 13.1.3 My Question or Issue I have just start using Spotify and I realise my interface in artists is different from those of my friends. My friends have the number of liked songs un...

• n0hero
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

IOS APP Update

The Spotify iPhone app recently got a Update, but after installing this all my offline playlist, which where safed on the iPhone are gone and i had too download all this tracks again. Is it normal that all the Tracks are gone after the Update?

• Casual Listener
  • The Spotify iPhone app recently got a Update, but after installing this all my offline playlist, which where safed on the iPhone are gone and i had too download all this tracks again.    ...
  • Stany70
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local files will not sync to iphone

Please help! I have an iphone 4s, both my laptop and phone are connected to the same Wifi, i have the files in question on my computer in itunes, in my music folder, and in spotify labled as local folders. I cannot get the songs to sync to my iphone-...

• Please help! I have an iphone 4s, both my laptop and phone are connected to the same Wifi, i have the files in question on my computer in itunes, in my music folder, and in spotify labled as local fo...
  • ViceKnightTA
  • Casual Listener
  • 25 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 25 replies
  • 5 likes

This app is becoming a joke to use.

Im paying £10 per month to use an app that only works when it wants to.This app constantly hangs.The amount of time it spends logging in is totally unacceptable. I start the app a few mins before leaving the house and gertting into the car and most t...

• Casual Listener
  • Im paying £10 per month to use an app that only works when it wants to. This app constantly hangs. The amount of time it spends logging in is totally unacceptable. I start the app a few mins before...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Ipad app with airplay

Hi all, yesterday I installed the new Spotify app on my Ipad 3. I use spotify app with my airport express, which has an excellent wifi connection according to the airport app on my Ipad. Now Spotify app keeps on stuttering and keeps quitting playing ...

• Gig Goer
  • Hi all, yesterday I installed the new Spotify app on my Ipad 3. I use spotify app with my airport express, which has an excellent wifi connection according to the airport app on my Ipad. Now Spotify ...
  • Espiegel123
  • Casual Listener
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! when i play a song then lock screen or close spotify it now then fade the music out

hey, when i close spotify the music fades out the when i open it up again it starts. Very annoying also most of the album artwork has gone. any insight into this problem would be gratefull. thanks

• Music Fan
  • hey,     when i close spotify the music fades out the when i open it up again it starts. Very annoying also most of the album artwork has gone.   any insight into this problem wou...
  • Mahachusseini
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't change the track using in car controls

Hey all, I updated to the newest version of Spotify mobile app for iOS.I connect my iPhone to the USB port in my Fiat 500 running Blue&MeI have buttons on my steering wheel that normally allow me to skip back and forward to the next track, these are ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey all,   I updated to the newest version of Spotify mobile app for iOS. I connect my iPhone to the USB port in my Fiat 500 running Blue&Me I have buttons on my steering wheel that norm...
  • c49uta
  • Casual Listener
  • 44 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 44 replies
  • 6 likes

iPad app keeps crashing!

Hi, does anyone has the same problem? I have an iPad 1 and just installed the new spotify app. After login with my facebook account it keeps loading and than it crashes. all the time. I restarted my iPad, I reinstalled the app, but nothing works. On ...

• Regular
  • Hi, does anyone has the same problem? I have an iPad 1 and just installed the new spotify app. After login with my facebook account it keeps loading and than it crashes. all the time. I restarted my ...
  • Daniel66spotify
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists

I created playlists in the new ipad version. Why can´t I se them in my phones spotify app I can´t see them when I´m logging in from my computer? Is this a new feature or what do I do wrong?

• Casual Listener
  • I created playlists in the new ipad version. Why can´t I se them in my phones spotify app I can´t see them when I´m logging in from my computer? Is this a new feature or what do I do wrong?
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files are broken

Once I upgraded to the latest version (yesterday), none of my local files would play. So I deleted, restarted and reinstalled as per instructions, but local files still don't work. None of the music on my computer is getting transferred to the iPhone...

• Regular
  • Once I upgraded to the latest version (yesterday), none of my local files would play.  So I deleted, restarted and reinstalled as per instructions, but local files still don't work.  None o...
  • twentw
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify iPad-version - wishing list

Volume slider (vertical left side in the overview mode just above the settings button and somewhere in the cover art mode)Airplay menu in overview mode (it can only be found in the full view (cover art mode))Multi gestures (example: slide two fingers...

• Regular
  • Volume slider (vertical left side in the overview mode just above the settings button and somewhere in the cover art mode) Airplay menu in overview mode (it can only be found in the full view (cover...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Music keep stopping?

Hi, I use iPhone 4S. After last update my Spotify keeps stopping when playing music. REALLY annoying that I have to keep logging into my phone to restart the music. What to do?

• Not applicable
  • Hi,   I use iPhone 4S. After last update my Spotify keeps stopping when playing music. REALLY annoying that I have to keep logging into my phone to restart the music.   What to do?
  • TurdFergason
  • 31 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 31 replies
  • 6 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Playlist order on mobile device

Hi Is it not possible to rearrange the playlist order on mobile playlist without using the drag and drop function. It would be nice, if it was possible to arrange a mobile playlist automatically by artist, album etc. Furthermore, it is a bit frustrat...

• Hi    Is it not possible to rearrange the playlist order on mobile playlist without using the drag and drop function.    It would be nice, if it was possible to arrange a mobi...
  • reilah
  • 53 replies
  • 43 likes
  • 53 replies
  • 43 likes

Solved!! Spotify iPad-version - Wanted/Missing Features

Great that you finally made it! Not a day to late though as iPad have been around since...can't remember!  But...Why on earth have you not at least kept all the features from the iPhone-version??? (I might have missed this but then it is not intuitiv...

• Regular
  • Great that you finally made it! Not a day to late though as iPad have been around since...can't remember! 😉   But...Why on earth have you not at least kept all the features fro...
  • birdew
  • 36 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 36 replies
  • 6 likes

cant kill spotify with doubletap -> X

spotify keeps playing for like 30 seconds if you kill it, sometimes with playicon on the top part of screen, sometimes not. there is no icon left to kill and the music-controls cant control spotify although the icon is still to the right of them. can...

• spotify keeps playing for like 30 seconds if you kill it, sometimes with playicon on the top part of screen, sometimes not. there is no icon left to kill and the music-controls cant control spotify a...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPad app wont sync with local files already on my iPad

The app will only sync local files from my computer via wi-fi, taking up valuable storage space on my iPad. I already downloaded all of music files when I got my iPad, so syncing via computer essentially doubles the amount of space required for my mu...

• The app will only sync local files from my computer via wi-fi, taking up valuable storage space on my iPad. I already downloaded all of music files when I got my iPad, so syncing via computer essenti...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Where is Artist Info links in new iPad app

In the iPhone version you can jump from any playing track to songs from its artist or its album. This does not exist in the iPad app. This is an important feature and must be added.

• Music Fan
  • In the iPhone version you can jump from any playing track to songs from its artist or its album. This does not exist in the iPad app. This is an important feature and must be added.
  • mishamazor
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Starred playlist wont sync to iPad properly

I've tried to sync my Starred playlist to my iPad, but only 51 of the 197 songs have transfered. It simply shows it as a playlist of 51 tracks. All of the songs in the playlist are songs available on Spotify. How can I fix this? Ideally I would like ...

• Not applicable
  • I've tried to sync my Starred playlist to my iPad, but only 51 of the 197 songs have transfered. It simply shows it as a playlist of 51 tracks. All of the songs in the playlist are songs availab...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Loading playlists on iPod after updating

I have a 3rd generation ipod touch. After I updated the spotify software on my computer and on my ipod it would not load or sync any new playlists. I deleted the app on my ipod and re-downloaded it and it is still having trouble loading playlists. Is...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a 3rd generation ipod touch. After I updated the spotify software on my computer and on my ipod it would not load or sync any new playlists. I deleted the app on my ipod and re-downloaded it a...
  • jshue63
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't sync after updates

I have a 3rd generation ipod touch. After I updated spotify on my computer and on my ipod it would not load or sync any new playlists. I deleted the app on my ipod and re-downloaded it and it is still having trouble loading playlists. Is this a tempo...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a 3rd generation ipod touch. After I updated spotify on my computer and on my ipod it would not load or sync any new playlists. I deleted the app on my ipod and re-downloaded it and it is stil...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Where's my Airplay icon?

In short, I've got 2 ipads, 2 iphones, I'm a premium spotify subscriber, I can use the native apple Remote app to stream music from either ios device to either my laptop or to my Denon 3312 Amplifier (which supports Airplay) via Airplay. However, I h...

• Music Fan
  • In short,   I've got 2 ipads, 2 iphones, I'm a premium spotify subscriber, I can use the native apple Remote app to stream music from either ios device to either my laptop or to my Denon 3312 ...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 46 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 46 replies
  • 3 likes