Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists on iOS - No Reordering, customizing playlists on iOS

Playlists on iOS - No Reordering, customizing playlists on iOS

First of all -- all you helpful community people, don't mark problems as "Solved" when they are not!

I've posted on here several times regarding Spotify removing the feature that allows you to reorder your playlist on iOS (specifically iPhone and iPod Touch). This happened ages ago, I know. 

And my big beef now is with helpful community folks who suggest getting the desktop version, buying a iPad or just being happy with what I got -- you know because Spotify is a non-profit(able) company and all. 

The fact is, I cancelled my subscription due to this issue.

I just want the freedom to be able to move songs around, like I used to be able to, back in 2012. 

I know it's a total First World Problem, but it bothers me to no end. But what irritates me more are all the false promises about how the next version would have this feature.

The bottom line is that for something that costs $10/mo, it should have playlists that are adjustable on the fly.

If I wanted to use the Radio function, I'd listen to Pandora or TuneIn. Spotify should be a completely customizable situation, much like iTunes. And, it's not like I'm asking for a new feature -- it's something Spotify had and took away.

So please, if there are others out here that are sick of this, do what I did and cancel your subscription until it comes back. It's unacceptable, and you have to show Spotify that with your wallet.

Finally, don't mark this as a solved issue. It's not solved until I can move my songs around how I want.

Peace!

4 Replies

I know you have already read my comments on the matter:

"The underlying structure of the app broke the ability to re-arrange song and made the app very messy and unstable with the newer updates. They did lots of work to fix this. I talked to one of the devs last week and he's certain it will be back in the next iOS update coming soon. Sorry for the long wait."

I've been frustrated with the problem too. I use the iOS app on a daily basis and I would like to re-arrange tracks too.

I'm just trying to spread the word out that it should be back soon.

If it's not back in the new update coming soon, then please come back and discuss. One of the lead iOS devs told me it's in the next update. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This is a basic function for both track and playlist ordering.

Every other app has this BASIC function including NAPSTER which I subscribe to, purely for this functionality.

Anyone with a basic understanding of codeing could solve this problem in less than a day.

Emply someone who knows what they are doing!

The new update out today now allows you to re-arrange tracks again! 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@MattSuda wrote:

The new update out today now allows you to re-arrange tracks again! 

That's nice... But there is still one key feature missing in iOS. When you create a new playlist in iOS, it allways goes to the top. You can re-arrange playlists in the computer platforms but not in the mobile. In my family, we use mostly iPads and iPhones for Spotify and almost never our Mac. Is there a playlist arrange feature coming to mobile also?

=)juha

Suggested posts