Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

iOS 15

My Question or Issue

I enjoy listening to podcasts, and one of the podcasts I listen to has videos that go along with the episodes. This is generally fine, as I can just listen to the podcast in the background. However, when I open the app and close it quick enough (usually just while trying to fast forward) while playing the podcast, sometimes it will freeze and the audio will stop loading. After a few seconds, the app will crash entirely and I will have to reload it. I know for a fact this is related to the videos because it only happens with this one specific podcast (Am I The **bleep**?), and it is the only podcast I listen to that has videos that go along with the episodes. The desktop version already has this feature, so why do we not get the ability to disable them on mobile, where data usage is arguably more important? We have the ability to disable canvases, so I would think that it would be logical to allow an option to disable podcast videos as well. I know many other people have suggested this and it is likely in the works, but I wanted to add my two cents. 

1 Reply

Hi there @BradReh,

Thank you for taking the time to post here in the Community. Let's take a closer look into this.

To start with, can you provide us the URI of the podcast so that we can have a closer look directly from our end? Also, does this occur on a specific episode?

You can toggle off podcast videos on your phone by heading to Settings > Data saver > Stream audio only. If you're not able to see this option it would be great if you can provide us a screenshot of what you see.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply 🙂

Have a great continued weekend!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts