Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Plus button update reverted

Solved!

Plus button update reverted

I have an iPhone 11 Pro and received the plus button update back in late Feb/early March. Was ecstatic to see this update as it’s a feature I’ve been hoping for for quite a while. Not long after (a week or so) my app reverted back to the heart/like button and has stayed like that through every update since. I primarily listen to Spotify on my iPhone 11 Pro and that is where I noticed this change. I also use Spotify across other devices, one of which is an old iPhone (6 or 7) that runs an older version of Spotify due to compatibility issues. Does anyone know why the plus button reverted or when it will be rolled back out to my account?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It's possible that the plus button update was still in a testing phase and was accidentally rolled out to your account temporarily. Alternatively, there may have been a technical issue that caused the feature to revert back to the heart/like button.

To resolve this issue, try logging out of your Spotify account on all devices and then logging back in to see if the plus button reappears. If this doesn't work, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Spotify app on your iPhone 11 Pro to see if that resolves the issue. If the problem persists, you can contact Spotify customer support for further assistance.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @simplyemyd 

The new (+) Plus button change is still being rolled out in the mobile app, so you should eventually see it.

You most likely were part of the testing phase. Once the testing phase ends, your account no longer has access to the new change.

Now that the feature is rolling out to everyone (not a test), once the change is rolled out to your account you will see it again.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

It's possible that the plus button update was still in a testing phase and was accidentally rolled out to your account temporarily. Alternatively, there may have been a technical issue that caused the feature to revert back to the heart/like button.

To resolve this issue, try logging out of your Spotify account on all devices and then logging back in to see if the plus button reappears. If this doesn't work, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Spotify app on your iPhone 11 Pro to see if that resolves the issue. If the problem persists, you can contact Spotify customer support for further assistance.

I have same problem, my friends have Smart shuffle over a couple weeks and I had update yesterday and still nothing change. I have an iPhone too. 

If you haven’t gotten it yet at all, that sounds more like the update hasn’t yet been rolled out to your account/the servers your account is on

Marked as solution

Hey @simplyemyd 

The new (+) Plus button change is still being rolled out in the mobile app, so you should eventually see it.

You most likely were part of the testing phase. Once the testing phase ends, your account no longer has access to the new change.

Now that the feature is rolling out to everyone (not a test), once the change is rolled out to your account you will see it again.

MattSudaSpotify Star

@rokless 

Smart Shuffle is still being rolled out to all users in the mobile app, so you might not see it yet.

In the meantime, you can read more info on Smart Shuffle here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Your-Library/Introducing-Smart-Shuffle/td-p/5516566

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts