Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcasts & videos doesn't show up in my iPad app

Solved!

Podcasts & videos doesn't show up in my iPad app

The Podcasts & Videos section has been available on my. iPhone for awhile now, but still does not appear in on my iPad app. Is there something I'm missing? Is this feature still not available for the iPad? I'm a premium member and as far as I'm concerned, I'm only interested in watching videos on my iPad. I can't seem to find answered anywhere and Spotify, for that matter, appears to lack transparency related to this feature.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The only solution I've found is to pull up a podcast on my iPhone, then open the iPad app and select "play from this iPad". There is no way to find them on the iPad, which is absurd. App integration has been Spotify's biggest problem as long as I've been a user. 

View solution in original post

43 Replies

I also don't have Podcasts & Video section on my iPhone and iPad. I have the last version of Spotify.

I have been trying to figure this out, as well. We need podcasts on e iPad app!

Ummmm, like YEAH. Spotify put out tons of press releases about first original video doc wtih Metallica and no way to watch mutch hyped video on iPad? Even when following spotify link from Metallica's social media feeds. 

Marked as solution

The only solution I've found is to pull up a podcast on my iPhone, then open the iPad app and select "play from this iPad". There is no way to find them on the iPad, which is absurd. App integration has been Spotify's biggest problem as long as I've been a user. 

When i put a video the video tells me that is not restricted in yout area, how you can help me to have acces to all the videos?

Hey there! Sorry about that, that's no good.

I tried to check back at the old links for the Podcasts and Videos, but they seem to have been taken down.

Looking back at some older threads, it looks like the feature is restricted to iPhones for now.

Hope that helps!

If this solved your issue - Accept it as a solution!
Official Website | MyAnimeList | 😉 |
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Yeah, this makes zero sense. Also, it's not 'solved' in any meaningful way, come on. Do I need to open another ticket for the same issue? Sheesh.

@dst Could you identify what you are having trouble with? I'll look into it for you. 🙂

If this solved your issue - Accept it as a solution!
Official Website | MyAnimeList | 😉 |
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Now, podcasts will show up, but when one is clicked on it says "Spotify can't open this type of link on this device." App is updated, iOS is updated. Why put out adds for podcasts, if it doesn't work.

IMG_0244.PNG

Same problem here. I can't load any podcasts on my iPad.

What gives? This is just plain stupid.

Answers from Spotify staff please!

Come on guys, it's time to catch up with the times. Theirs absolutely no reason why podcasts aren't available on iPad, step it up this is a no brainer.

Bueller....bueller.....anyone bueller?

Same problem with trying to use iPad and listen to podcasts. The original post has been up for over a year and they haven't done a darn thing to update is kinda pathetic. It’s all iOS it shouldn’t be that difficult to integrate. 

Please! Do something about this! I am waiting for this to be fixed forever now.

Adding my name to the list. Bizarre that they've not solved this. 

Adding my name to this - cmon Spotify what gives 

Most of the reason I bought spotify was for podcasts. I am going to cancel my subscription. At least on Soundcloud I can get the podcasts on my Ipod. 

Spotify justified eliminating the iPad interface and replacing it with a blown-up iPhone interface by saying it would make it easier for them to bring new features to the iPad app, but not only has that not happened, they can’t even bring already-existing features from iPhone to iPad. What a joke.

Suggested posts