Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Poor sound quality

Poor sound quality

Hello, i have been using Spotify on my iPad and PC for a couple of months and i am impressed by the app. However I recently got an iPhone 7 Plus and installed Spotify there too, but the sound quality was noticeably worse that it was on my iPad. The music playback just sounds worse on the iPhone and there is distortion as well. I have tried reinstalling the app a couple of times and setting the streaming quality to Extreme, but the problem didn't go away. Please share any ideas or suggestions you may have to help me solve the issue, thanks!
5 Replies

Hey there. I am having the same problems with my iPhone 7/spotify. First I thought the problem came from poor Bluetooth connection to my headphones, but when I play music from a different source, the problems dont occur.

When I switch the headphones during a song to my iPad/spotify, the problem is gone. Very strange....

I actually found the solution to my problem. You need to go to Settings/General/Accessibility and go down to the Hearing options. There you need to turn off the Mono Audio option, if it is set to On. That has fixed the sound quality problem for me.

Mono was off for mine, so that's not what was causing my music quality issues  

The 7 is my first iphone, and it has noticably worse playback than my other devices so to say I am disappointed is an understatement.  

App is great, I have recently come back to spotify from Google Play Music, and the sound quality is generally really poor in comparison so a bit gutted.

Just tried Tidal - WOW ! what a difference!

Might not help your problem, sorry!

Hi Music fan, 

Did you solve this issue already?

I have the same problem.

The only workaround I found is to uninstall Spotify and reinstall it. This works only for the first time. The following time I connect my 6s to my speakers the poor sound quality is back. 

Suggested posts