Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium stopped working suddenly

Premium stopped working suddenly

My premium subscription stopped working on iPhone. For about a week before the failure I saw notifications about offline playlist being a Premium feature, ie. it looked like the payments had not been successful. However, checking the account on the web site, everything is fine. I’ve tried logging on and off, unlinking all devices and removing and reinstalling the app with no results. The account I’m using is the correct one. 

I wonder what’s off? I can’t think of anything else to do, and none of the previous threads offer me any help. 

4 Replies

Hey @ködfghji, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear this. 

Does this happen on a different device? If it does, could you try following some troubleshooting steps here

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @ködfghji,

Just to add to what @Billy-J already suggested, if you suspect that the payment for your latest subscription renewal didn't go through, then it'd be great to double-check with your bank what the status of this payment is.

For instance, if the payment is marked as 'pending' on your bank statement, then it might not have gone through successfully. This is because, when you submit a payment, your bank puts the funds aside as ‘pending’. But if the payment fails, the pending status will expire and the funds will be returned to you.

For more information regarding how to take care of this, take a look at our payment troubleshooting support article.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

OK, now I know more. 

Yesterday when I checked the account, the website said Premium - and today it too says Free. The payment history lists December 5th as the last successful payment. However, on my card there are two payments: December 5th and December 30th. In fact checking back the history I’ve been billed twice as far as I went, but apparently for some reason the right payment is the one Spotify has dropped 🙄

And yes, it happens on a different device too. 

Suggested posts