Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium subscription works on computer but not on iphone

Solved!

Premium subscription works on computer but not on iphone

Since yesterday I have Spotify premium. On my computer it works and stands at the top right "Spotify Premium."
But if I want to play songs from my iPhone I still get the message that this premium material and that I need to upgrade. How can I fix this? Because I've just subscribed to this so I can use Spotify on the iPhone.

78 Replies

@user-removed wrote:

Re: Premium subscription works on computer but not on iphone or ipad. Where on web do I find a record of my payment by American Express for my Premium membership?

You can view your receipts from your online account, just click here and login using your details.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have premium on my phone but when I try to download on my computer it ignores me.,

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Have you downloaded the client to your computer? If not, just head over to www.spotify.com/download and grab the installer. Once that is done install and log in using the same details as your phone, your premium account and playlists will be there waiting for you. 

Peter

Peter

I first downloaded spotify for the free 48 hours free trial. I then purchased spotify premium and it said I had 30 days free, I set up spotify on my computer and I'm having no issues on there. When I try and access it on my phone, the spotify app, it says "Only Premium Users Can Stream On Demand." So it won't let me access any songs I've added to playlists. Please let me know if there is anything I need to do. I've logged in and out several times, even deleted the app and re-installed and still having the issue.

I am having the same issue. I've done a clean reinstall 3 times of the app on my ipod but its still telling me im not premium.

Any suggestions?

@staceydittoe wrote:

I am having the same issue. I've done a clean reinstall 3 times of the app on my ipod but its still telling me im not premium.

Any suggestions?

There is currently a server issue which is delaying premium upgrades. Keep an eye on this topic for updates. 

Peter

Peter

hi i am having the same problem- i have purchased spotify premium on my computer but am unable to use it from my phone. how can i solve this problem? thanks

Are you logging in with the correct credentials? Log out on your phone and log back in using the same credentials you use on your desktop. If that doesn't work, please follow the steps in this post.

I think i have two spotify accounts. My computer was logged into one and my phone the other. One is premium and one is free. I made a new one recently and thought that was the one that is premium but i think its actually the other one and i dont know how to access that one becase i cant remember the user name since its so old. I want to delete the old one and put preimum on my new one! 

HELP!

thank you!

@kellerttorrey wrote:

I think i have two spotify accounts. My computer was logged into one and my phone the other. One is premium and one is free. I made a new one recently and thought that was the one that is premium but i think its actually the other one and i dont know how to access that one becase i cant remember the user name since its so old. I want to delete the old one and put preimum on my new one! 

HELP!

thank you!

Hello, kellerttorrey! I think that in this case you will need to get in touch with the customer services team using the online contact form and hopefully they will be able to get this sorted out for you. If you get an automated reply directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly. Fingers crossed!

i purchased the $10 spotify giftcard and entered it online, logging with my facebook account. i found out today it works fine on the computer but i only need it for my phone or ekse its useless to me, could you please help? thanks!

@ryanberg37 - Did you redeem for unlimited rather than premium? 

If so and you would like it swapped over, get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they should be able to do that for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

yes i chose unlimited i believe 😛 and great thanks for the quick response

I have the same problem. On my computer, it even says "Spotify Premium" on the top but on my phone, it still says to upgrade. 
How do I get the premium on my phone? 😞

Hi,
I join the spotify premium today because i wanted to use it on my phone without using internet, but it seems that it only works on my computor and not my phone. I logged both with the facebook account.

@jpa11 

First try logging out of the app on your phone, and then log back in.

If you still have trouble,

I suggest you contact support so they can help you get it working 

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yes, i've tried to log out and then log in again but nothing change. Thanks for the quick response!

I just signed up for Spotify Premium on my computer and it seems to be working fine on my computer, but I've tried to play music offline on my phone and it won't allow me, so I'm assuming my phone still only has the free version. I've tried restarting my phone, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, signing out and signing back in, but nothing has worked so far. Help, please!

Same problem. Tried restarting phone, deleting and reinstalling app, signing out and back in, using Facebook details... Nothing's working. SOS Spotify staff.

@user-removed @ravencake

Normally this happens when a duplicate account exists, one with a spotify username / password and one with your facebook details.

Did you get an email receipt for your subscription purchase? In it, it shows your Spotify username

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Logout, and be sure to use it to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts