Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem since updating Spotify app (iOS 10.2.1)

Problem since updating Spotify app (iOS 10.2.1)

Since updating to version 7.4.0, album track listings are displaying in CarPlay in a random order. They appear correct on the phone, just jumbled in CarPlay. If I start playing through the phone, then skip tracks they play in the expected order, if I start playing through carplay they play in the random order. Have tried uninstalling Spotify app, disconnecting and reconnecting to CarPlay, still no joy and not sure if this is a Spotify app issue, or a CarPlay issue?? Any one else experiencing this?

5 Replies

I'm having the same issue, the songs in the albums appear fine in the phone but in CarPlay are sorted randomly. I'm using iOS 10.0.2, so I assume there is a problem with the last update of the Spotify app.

I also experience the same problem, which really annoys me.

Atm, I use https://smartplaylistsforspotify.co.uk/ to create a playlist with my last-saved songs.

I really hope that Spotify will fix this bug ASAP!

I, too, am having issues after the update to 10.2.1.  The songs in my playlist do not play in the right order.  They play according to the Play Queue, and even when I remove all the songs from the Play Queue, as soon as I start the playlist again, the songs I removed immediately re-appear in the Play Queue.  When the Play Queue gets to the end, it starts playing the radio.  My playlists on the desktop app have no problems; it's only the iphone.  I have tried logging out and logging back in as well as deleting and re-installing the app.  I have also deleted and re-installed the desktop app.  Nothing so far is working.  I have been emailing with the support staff at Spotify, and, while they have been very friendly, I have yet to receive a helpful solution.

I've now updated to 7.5.0. Track listings appear correct in Carplay now....but still play in random order! If I press play on track 1 for example, track 4 will start playing. Skip to next song and it seems to skip three or four at a time. Have been speaking to @SpotifyCares on Twitter and it seems they are aware. Just a shame that this latest update has only cured half the problem!

I am having the same problem, my music pauses and starts again a couple of seconds later or it atomically reshuffles it self whilest the phone is locked. It seems to be working on my car fine as I use my Bluetooth to play music. I don't use CarPlay

Suggested posts