Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem with image

Solved!

Problem with image

Hello everyone, i have a problem with Spotify on my iPhone. 

Why it is like this now? Usually the picture is much bigger. 

Thanks for your help.

IMG_5264[1].PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This is the new Now Playing screen that Spotify recently released in the iPhone app. The album art is a little bit smaller than the previous version of the screen to accommodate for the Spotify Connect icon at the bottom and a few other things.

Unfortunately on smaller devices like the iPhone 5 and iPhone 4S it means the album art is even smaller than if you were to view it on the iPhone 6.

Spotify is aware of the feedback regarding the smaller album art.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

This is the new Now Playing screen that Spotify recently released in the iPhone app. The album art is a little bit smaller than the previous version of the screen to accommodate for the Spotify Connect icon at the bottom and a few other things.

Unfortunately on smaller devices like the iPhone 5 and iPhone 4S it means the album art is even smaller than if you were to view it on the iPhone 6.

Spotify is aware of the feedback regarding the smaller album art.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Matt I have to ask, does Spotify even plan to do anything in response to the complaints of the screen size? I very much liked the old now playing screen and would like to return to it. I hope the designers/developers are not taking the criticism personally and are now refusing to offer the old now playing screen.

Thanks for your reply. The old now playing screen was perfect, I don't like this one ..

@Luca-69140 

You're welcome

@TheKingLives

Sorry, but I don't know.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Thankfully had V3.0 backed up to iTunes.

Big album art, menu bar back, previous now playing screen there and all is good.

Also the regular menu has appeared again and the shows and videos (+ ridiculous running feature ) have gone. That's the way I want it. I can put up with it like this until WWDC and Apples new streaming service comes out!! 😛 

Seriously: Spotify is for music. The app is for listening. The amount of clicks it took to access the simplicst of things (f.e. Radio or Discovery) is really disappointing. Who the heck has Spotify got for their user interface? She/He or they need a good kickin'!

Suggested posts