Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem with syncing my local files

Problem with syncing my local files

I have a problem, I can't sync my local files from Spotify on my computer (Macbook) to Spotify on my iPhone. I have IOS 7 and I have tried the log out-log in, uninstall and reinstall the app on my phone and all the advice I got from the support. But it still won't work! My phone doesn't even show up in Devices, even though the computer and phone ar connected to the same wifi.
What's wrong? It's been like this for months now and I can't seem to solve it...

3 Replies

Hey, sorry to hear about your troubles.

Here are a few things to try, let me know if any of them work.

1. Be sure the Spotify is open on your iPhone

2. Plug your iPhone into the wall if attempting to sync over wifi (sometimes iPhones are picky about syncing anything when on battery power, dumb, I know)

3. If you're on a college campus or a work network, try it at a friends house or some other private network (When I'm on my school's wifi, nothing syncs from my computer to my spotify app on my iPhone, but at home it works)

4. Go the old fashioned route and plug your iPhone into your computer with the Spotify app open 

Hope you get it figured out!

thank you for your advice!

1. I always keep Spotify open when I try to sync and never let the screen go black, just to make sure it will work, but it doesn't 😞

2. Didn't bring a charger today, but in that case I'll try it on monday 🙂

3. I live in a dorm, but a neighbor of mine has her own network, I'll ask her if she can help ^^

4. That I've already tried and it didn't work 😞 Spotify also said it wouldn't work with iTunes open, but that opens automaticly when you plug in your phone. Don't know if that had anything to do with it...

But I'll definately try 2 and 3 ^^

So, now it works to sync spotify with my phone 🙂 but now I have another problem... Spotift says it can sync up to 3333 songs. But when I synced the phone now, it only synced about 500 songs. I have no idea what's wrong there... 😞 can anyone help me?

Suggested posts