Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problems while playing songs, songs dont' start at beginning

Solved!

Problems while playing songs, songs dont' start at beginning

Hi all, Lately I have a problem playing songs on Spotify. When I for instance listen to some playlists, I get some problems playing the songs. When I skip to the next song, the song does not start at the beginning of the song. Some songs start at 6 seconds, some at 15, some even at 45 seconds. This is super annoying and I am experiencing this already for a long time. It's not the crossfade transition, because I have that turned off. I experience this problem on my iPhone and Macbook. I already tried, log out log in, delete the app and reinstall. Nothing works.... What can I do? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yes and it starts for instance at 45 seconds, I contacted Spotify to ask if this is a bug or not. It's kind of difficult to explain here.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey @marcel2209, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Could you tell me on which playlists does this happen? Any screenshots would help too.

Hope it helps 🙂

It happens to the Mint playlist and the Swag House Playlist by Spotify.

Hey @marcel2209,

I see now, this is a feature on those playlists where songs are crossfaded by Spotify.

I wondered why that heppened only on some places too, free and Premium 🙂

I think it's a bug, because when a friend of mine plays the same playlists, this does not happen?

Hey @marcel2209,

That's odd, I've tested it in tens of accounts and it's the same because I was wondering why this thing was happening but it's seems it was something normal for those playlists 🙂

That is weird, because if I skip to the next song for instance. The previous song is still playing while seeing the cover of the next one. This is for sure a bug and not kind of standard crossfade in spotify playlists.

Hey @marcel2209,

So to get this straight, the real issue is when you skip to the next song the previous one still plays?

Marked as solution

Yes and it starts for instance at 45 seconds, I contacted Spotify to ask if this is a bug or not. It's kind of difficult to explain here.

Suggested posts