Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Queue on iPhone

Solved!

Queue on iPhone

Hello Spotify, I have seen on my fathers iPhone that he has the ability to see his queue on Spotify, then I immediatly checked my own Spotify and found out that I havent...? Why?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The version of the now playing screen your father has with the new queue is the one that will be coming to everyone in the near future.

From time to time Spotify pushes out certain new features that only some people using the app will see.

The purpose of this is to test the features out and get feedback before going live with the new features.

You don't have it on your phone right now, but don't worry because the new version of the now playing screen will soon be available for everyone to use.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

The version of the now playing screen your father has with the new queue is the one that will be coming to everyone in the near future.

From time to time Spotify pushes out certain new features that only some people using the app will see.

The purpose of this is to test the features out and get feedback before going live with the new features.

You don't have it on your phone right now, but don't worry because the new version of the now playing screen will soon be available for everyone to use.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

When?  How long?  This feature was announced 6 months ago and I am still waiting.  Very frustrating and disappointing to be told you are getting something and never get it.

How do we get to the Now Playing screen?  Do only some users have this?

Every user will have the Now Playing screen, you open it by tapping the Currently Playing track displayed at the bottom of the screen.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I wanted to chime in on the subject of a play queue for the iphone.

I paid for Spotify a few years ago but decided to go with MOG and have subscribed to that for a few years. Since Mog has switched to Beats I decided to check out Spotify again and I like what I see.

One thing though that is important to me is being able to queue up a list of songs I want to hear. 

I would be willing to sign up for premium and would be interested/willing to try the beat for this. Can you let me know if this is possible and I wlll sign up.

Thanks

It is still not possible to view the play queue in the iOS application I'm afraid. You can add tracks to the queue, but you can't view it.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

When are they adding this feature?

No one can answer that but please support this idea if you haven't already.

They have no intention of adding this feature. If they had intended to do so they would have done so by now. The company announced the addition of the queue to the iPhone app in May 2011.

37 months later they still haven't got round to it.

Suggested posts