Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

RE: Volume fluctuates when playing songs in car via bluetooth

RE: Volume fluctuates when playing songs in car via bluetooth

Plan

Premium

Country

uk

Device

iphone xs max

Operating System

iOS 12

My Question or Issue

When i connect my phone to my car and play songs through spotify via bluetooth, the volume of the music suddenly gets lowered for a good 5-10 seconds then returns back to normal volume. its very annoying. it happens to all my songs. My EQ is disabled and ive tried messing around with volume normalisation by turning it off and on, still no luck! very tempted to switch to apple music if i dont solve this!

8 Replies

Hey there @GFarzy,

Probably sounds like an odd question but... do you have audio safety activated in your car?

In my car, there is a "maximum startup volume" for each individual apsect of the stereo's input options e.g. bluetooth, radio, SD etc. and having the limit set too low can cause the source volume to be reduced when first connected (so I don't get a shock if it's too loud when I'm driving) and then slowly build to the volume it's actually set to.

Hey,

thanks for the reply! i do not have that feature no, ive looked at my cars sound settings and there is nothing that can cause this, used to work fine on my iphone 7 plus, but when i switched to XS max and downloaded spotify along all my songs, this started to happen!

Hey, no worries.

Does the volume start low for every track, even when you skip from one track to another, or is only when you first connect and then not again afterwards?

Hello 🙂

and no, the volume does not start low for every track or when i first connect, its on every track and it happens in the middle of the song, some songs 1 min in, some 2, some 3 etc. its like when a DJ turns down the volume of a song for the crowd to sing the specific part, then turns the song back up loud.

Oh dear :-S

I’m not sure what to say now

Probably a long shot but is it when you’re going a certain speed? I’m thinking in the line of maybe an “auto speed volume level”, another feature my car has lol

😕 nah not even speeding, even when my car is idle it happens.

gonna wait 1 week for a solution, if i dont get any im switching to apple music.

Hi again @GFarzy

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hello,

apologies for the late reply, ive tried reinstalling app and restarting phone, no luck.

im running ios 12.0

and spotify is version 8.4.72

hope this helps!

Suggested posts