Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Radio Thumbs up/down buttons missing or disabled

Radio Thumbs up/down buttons missing or disabled

When I play a radio from my playlist in the Web Player, I always seem to have the option to vote on songs (thumbs up / down). However, in the updated iPad app, these buttons only appears / are enabled rarely. One time out of 5 I start the radio, they are present and enabled. The other times, they either are not present or are not enabled. 

Is this a "feature"? Is there a reason or is this a bug?

8 Replies

John: I'm also having this problem. Did you get any response? In addition to having the same problem as you on my iPad, when I try to thumbs up/down on my Android phone it gives me the following message:

"Sorry, we can't improve your station right now. Please try again later."

Has there been any resolution to the previous issue? What do I do about this now? There is no point of a radio based on a certain song if you cannot guide the station in the direction you want to hear. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you! -LadybugPhoenix
image.jpg

I've had the same problem, what's more, I sometimes can't even see the radio screen, it just plays whatever radio station I started most recently. On top of it all, sometimes the screen just gets stuck with whatever song was originally picked, and doesn't show the current song, making it impossible to thumb up or down a song. 

Has anyone found a resolution for this issue? I'm also seeing this on my Android running 4.4.2. Spotify is version 2.4.0.815.

I'm having the same issue, unable to "improve station at this time." I'm wondering if you found a solution. Deleting and reinstalling the app doesn't work, clearing cache doesn't work. 😞

I switched to a different station and was able to vote songs up and down. I
then went back to the station I was having the issue with and all is well.

I found that if I was using Airplay to send the music to another system I couldn't use Thumbs Up / Down. I was using a Bose system. When I spoke to the folks at Bose they suggested that Spotify is not a great options for "radio" style listening. I am back to Pandora. If this gets resolved I might try Spotify again but for now it is not work the extra price.

Why was I forced to register for this crap?-- especially since they seem to offer no solution...

Experiencing this as well, iPhone 5S chromecasting Spotify radio, thumbs are present but gray and disabled.

Suggested posts