Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

No album artworks

Hi, I'm using iPhone6 with iOS 8.1 and Spotify ver. 1.9.0.2744, there has a problem that it doesn't show up the ablum artwork as shown in the screen shot below, what can I do to get rid of this or can it be fixed soon? Many thanks!

IMG_0176.PNG
  • Hi,   I'm using iPhone6 with iOS 8.1 and Spotify ver. 1.9.0.2744, there has a problem that it doesn't show up the ablum artwork as shown in the screen shot below, what can I do to get rid of...
  • oxii
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes

[iOS][Music] Uninterrupted Music - MUST FIX

Spotify needs to fix this! Very often, when I open the Spotify app on my iPhone 6, I quickly go to a playlist and start playing music. When I get about 10 seconds into a song, the song stops and the app snaps to the track that I was listening to when...

• Regular
  • Spotify needs to fix this!   Very often, when I open the Spotify app on my iPhone 6, I quickly go to a playlist and start playing music. When I get about 10 seconds into a song, the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    music
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

IOS storage

i'd like to know why there is no clear cache button in the app on ios like there is on android?to erase this cache the only way is dellete and re installing the app? thanksMauro

• Visitor
  • i'd like to know why there is no clear cache button in the app on ios like there is on android? to erase this cache the only way is dellete and re installing the app?   thanks Mauro 
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is playing songs in random

Hi everyone,When I play music from a playlist by clicking on the first song of the playlist, Spotify plays it and then plays a random song from that playlist.I DON'T click on random play green button on the top, I just click on the first song to play...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone, When I play music from a playlist by clicking on the first song of the playlist, Spotify plays it and then plays a random song from that playlist. I DON'T click on random play gree...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with syncing playlist on iPhone

for almost 3-4 weeks there has been a problem with syncing new track and playlists. I've tried with connecting my iPhone to WiFi aswell. Over 3G I've synced 10 songs over the last 3-4 weeks. i upgraded to the new version but still aint working. this ...

• Casual Listener
  • for almost 3-4 weeks there has been a problem with syncing new track and playlists. I've tried with connecting my iPhone to WiFi aswell. Over 3G I've synced 10 songs over the last 3-4 weeks. i upgrad...
  • user22
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

7 Day free trial not working

Okay, so the thing popped up on my phone, and when i try to activate the 7 day free trial, it keeps saying Oops! SOmething went wrong, please try again. FIX THIS!

• Casual Listener
  •  Okay, so the thing popped up on my phone, and when i try to activate the 7 day free trial, it keeps saying Oops! SOmething went wrong, please try again. FIX THIS!
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

App Store spotify premium payment not working.

I have been using Spotify for one-month long periods with premium. And I paid using the App Store. But, I have just paid for Spotify premium for this month, and on my iPhone, it is still the free account. Any help?

• Casual Listener
  • I have been using Spotify for one-month long periods with premium. And I paid using the App Store. But, I have just paid for Spotify premium for this month, and on my iPhone, it is still the free acc...
  • capinblue
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

play spotify in car (mercedes e-class)

Hi, I own a 2012 Mercedes E-Class. I'm able to stream music via bluetooth but the car music controls won't work. This is a big problem since I have to use the phone (somehow the stereo knows my iPhone is not playing from the default Music app. I don'...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I own a 2012 Mercedes E-Class. I'm able to stream music via bluetooth but the car music controls won't work. This is a big problem since I have to use the phone (somehow the stereo knows my iPhon...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Safari keeps pausing music

Since the latest update any webpage that has an embedded video causes Spotify to pause playback and I'm not playing the video.This is only affecting Spotify and Music.app is fine.

• Regular
  • Since the latest update any webpage that has an embedded video causes Spotify to pause playback and I'm not playing the video. This is only affecting Spotify and Music.app is fine.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Last version not working on iphone4

I hâve an iphone4 with iOS 7.1. I have activated the auto update of apps. Since last update of spotify, the app doesn't want to start anymore (It displays spotify logo for few seconds and then it quits). It was working fine before.

• Music Fan
  • I hâve an iphone4 with iOS 7.1. I have activated the auto update of apps. Since last update of spotify, the app doesn't want to start anymore (It displays spotify logo for few seconds and then it qui...
  • 666bobibob666
  • Music Fan
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify and Facebook

My old spotify account is linked to my current facebook account; however, my old spotify account had my old email address. Therefore, I created a new spotify account with my current email address but now I cannot link it to my facebook because it is ...

• My old spotify account is linked to my current facebook account; however, my old spotify account had my old email address. Therefore, I created a new spotify account with my current email address but...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Mobile - Glitches

Hi, when I listen to a song on Spotify mobile it fast forwards the song on me and then skips to the next song within a few seconds of playing it. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling it, but that hasn't worked. I have also tried restarting ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, when I listen to a song on Spotify mobile it fast forwards the song on me and then skips to the next song within a few seconds of playing it. I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling it, bu...
  • ty3
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't find song in Playlist

Hello everybody,i saved a Playlist called "Mix of the week". I have found a song i really love, but it disappeared because the Playlist changes every week.Where can i find this lost song because the playlist songs aren't in the "Song" cathegory. I sa...

• Hello everybody, i saved a Playlist called "Mix of the week". I have found a song i really love, but it disappeared because the Playlist changes every week. Where can i find this lost song because ...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Release 3.7.0 - battery eater in IOS 8.4.1

This version of Spotify really drain the battery of my iphone with IOS 8.4.1With 15 minutes of listening, tooks 25% of my battery. Even if I'm listening a downloaded playlist.Please, consider this issue and fix it. Thank you in advance.

• This version of Spotify really drain the battery of my iphone with IOS 8.4.1 With 15 minutes of listening, tooks 25% of my battery. Even if I'm listening a downloaded playlist. Please, consider thi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Performance on IPod Touch 5g better now!

The last update had an great effect on performance on Ipod Touch 5G, scrolling through long album list was were unsmooth before. Loading of album covers is now much better und smooth! Thank you, I hope this stays as it is now. I already thought about...

• Casual Listener
  • The last update had an great effect on performance on Ipod Touch 5G, scrolling through long album list was were unsmooth before. Loading of album covers is now much better und smooth! Thank you, I ho...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify, fix it finally!

Fix the horrible cache. It grows to hunderds MBs. At least implement a clean cache option in settings. < Its no big deal. Even a basic programmer can do. Yes i'm a programmer also. This cache problem stayed for years and no one did something... Shame...

• Casual Listener
  • Fix the horrible cache. It grows to hunderds MBs. At least implement a clean cache option in settings. < Its no big deal. Even a basic programmer can do. Yes i'm a programmer also. This cache prob...
  • Akaash00
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Spotify cache ios
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

New update shuts down

Brief description of the issue: I did an update yesterday, spotify was working fine earlier and now it shuts down as soon as I open it. I deleted and re-downloaded the ap, turned the phone on/off a couple times. Keeps happening. I can even sign in to...

• Brief description of the issue: I did an update yesterday, spotify was working fine earlier and now it shuts down as soon as I open it. I deleted and re-downloaded the ap, turned the phone on/off a c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Login Failed on iPhone only, laptop and desktop ok

I just signed up for a Premium account, I can login on my laptop and desktop but my iphone tells me that either the username or password is wrong--but they work on other devices. I've tried deleting and re-downloading the app 3 times. I've also tried...

• I just signed up for a Premium account, I can login on my laptop and desktop but my iphone tells me that either the username or password is wrong--but they work on other devices.  I've tried del...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iphone login fail
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify apps force closes everytime I try to log in

I couldn't log into my spotify iOS apps using my facebook account after I update the apps to the lastest version. everytime I click the login button the facebook page opens up then jump back to the spotify apps. The login process lasts for like 3 sec...

• Casual Listener
  • I couldn't log into my spotify iOS apps using my facebook account after I update the apps to the lastest version. everytime I click the login button the facebook page opens up then jump back to the s...
  • jpmcclain1212
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes