Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Randomly stops since last iOS update on iPhone 5

Randomly stops since last iOS update on iPhone 5

I have the iPhone 5 and I noticed since either the last iOS update or spotify update the app randomly stops playing even though there is connection and other streaming apps work fine. I have uninstalled/reinstalled and same issue. It's like the music stops yet isn't paused. I pay for premium service and want it to work. It's been an issue the last 2-4 days.
3 Replies

@Iamnicole wrote:
I have the iPhone 5 and I noticed since either the last iOS update or spotify update the app randomly stops playing even though there is connection and other streaming apps work fine. I have uninstalled/reinstalled and same issue. It's like the music stops yet isn't paused. I pay for premium service and want it to work. It's been an issue the last 2-4 days.

Hey 🙂 

Are you getting any error messages at all?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have the same issue, but its not limited to iOS or iPhone, nor is it about bandwidth. I have to believe its a central architecture issue, maybe a scale problem. This started happening about 4-5 weeks ago. I experience it on an iMac with a wired 30Mbps connection, a PC laptop with a 20Mbps wireless connection and a PC desktop with a 10Mbps wired connection. In fact any device I access the service on, exhibits this. There a number of community posts complaining about this. 

Hi,

I've had the same problemfor about 2 weeks or so. Tracks stop abruptly on my iPhone5 after about 1.5 minutes and can't restart.

Any solutions would be much appreciated.

Suggested posts