Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Receiving Collaborative Playlist Invitations on iPhone

Solved!

Receiving Collaborative Playlist Invitations on iPhone

Is there a way to receive invitations for collaborative playlists from your Spotify followers / followees on an iPhone? Recently my friend created one of these playlists and invited me to join the collaboration but I was only able to receive the invitation and link to the playlist from my MacBook Pro. For some reason it wasn't showing up on my phone. Am I doing something wrong or is this not an option yet?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @yourninatchka!

Collaborative playlists can't be public since people would just add a lot of songs to it. Could you ask the creator of the playlist to send the link to your phone? Sharemusic_Desktop_instagram.png

Let me know how it goes.

Take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @yourninatchka! Thanks for coming to the community!

You can just open the collaborative playlist on your phone, and then you can tap 'Follow'. After that you can add songs to it.

Keep rocking! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

thanks for your response! 

i actually tried to search for the playlist on my phone (my friend informed me of the playlist she created via text so i knew the name to search for) and the search yielded no results. 

however when i looked at spotify on my laptop, there was a notification that the playlist was shared with me, and it also showed up when i did a manual search.

i'm probably doing something wrong but just to clarify, in theory are we supposed to receive the same notifications / messages on our phones that we receive on our computers? and likewise, the same playlist access, etc.?

thanks again!

Marked as solution

Hey @yourninatchka!

Collaborative playlists can't be public since people would just add a lot of songs to it. Could you ask the creator of the playlist to send the link to your phone? Sharemusic_Desktop_instagram.png

Let me know how it goes.

Take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star

thank you! 

Suggested posts