Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recently played doesn’t update

Solved!

Recently played doesn’t update

Recently played doesn’t update. Played all day. Hoping the algorithms would pick up new suggestions. Instead of recommending artists from the same three similar artists for weeks now. 

Recently played only shows up to yesterday. On Mac and iOS. Yet on the web opening screen (before launching web player) it shows the last songs I played. But when opening web player recently played only shows yesterday’s. 

WHY can’t the recently played showed in the web opening be shown in the apps. Is it picking these songs up in the algorithm, I don’t know? 

Super frustrating not to have consistent and persistent simple updates like songs played. Also that my recommendations are picking up same three artists all the time. 

PS in order to try to fix above. I reloaded the iOS app. Also can’t turn off car play option without app crashing. 

lots of issues! that I don’t have with Apple Music 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@incredible wrote:
I don’t know how to hide artists

All you got to do is go to the artist page, press three dots link (next to the Follow button), then "Don't play this artist".

View solution in original post

4 Replies

@incredible wrote:

lots of issues! that I don’t have with Apple Music 

I’m sorry to hear that. Yes, Apple Music is a native app on iOS, that’s why it doesn’t have so many issues as Spotify does, as a third party app. But recommendations were always better for me from Spotify, because I use it very long time. A quick tip, if you don’t want to hear some artists, you can easily block them. Or just hide from playlist the tracks you don’t like instead.

Thank you.

Syncing songs played across devices shouldn’t be that complex even if it’s a third party app.

The recommendations are not responsive. Apple Music opens up fresh recommendations almost daily and even within sessions. My listening is equal on both. Probably even more heavily in Spotify the past few weeks.

The fact that recently played isn’t updating and I have the same similar artist recommendations for months and persistent wide recommendations on things like classical which are a fraction of my total listening makes me think there’s an issue with Spotify actually hearing from a technical standpoint what I’m listening to.

I know how to heart and add playlists. I don’t know how to hide artists.

Thank you again for your response!
Marked as solution

@incredible wrote:
I don’t know how to hide artists

All you got to do is go to the artist page, press three dots link (next to the Follow button), then "Don't play this artist".

Ahhh. In the artist page, ok. Thanks.

Suggested posts