Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 0.6.1

Solved!

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 0.6.1

What's new in this version:

• New: Look, there are images and artist biographies in the artist view.
  • Fixed: No more pesky crashes when you skip in radio.
  • Fictitious: This app is reverse-engineered using alien technology.

Update 2013-03-22:

It looks like scrobbling to last.fm might not be working for everyone and we're looking into this. Stay tuned!

Community Ergo Sum
77 Replies

@jeewee1980 wrote:

What I don't understand is why Spotify does not keep us updated what the status is of this issue.

Maybe if they give us a short update every day I can accept this technical imperfection. But now it looks like they ignore us.

So come on Per, give us an update!

There isn't much to update on. I informed you that we have the bug submitted internally. Now we wait to see if the next update has a fix for this.

On a side-note: it's generally bad community practice to make promises like "the devs say this is fixed in the next release", because last minute changes or glitches can always cause fixes to go un-fixed. And then where do we stand..

Community Ergo Sum

And when will this update be released? I'm losing days and days of scrobbling, which is the main reason that me and so many others use your service in the first place.

And what is the word about the equalizer? Is it going to be integrated in the next update? Can not be so difficult because it has already been there. An answer would be appreciated.

@Goodman wrote:
On a side-note: it's generally bad community practice to make promises like "the devs say this is fixed in the next release", because last minute changes or glitches can always cause fixes to go un-fixed. And then where do we stand..

And there I was praising David for actually being more transparent (in the last paragraph here), while it appears you think he's done the wrong thing?

Thanks for your quick reply Per.

Maybe there is not mouch to update us about but now I know you still care about us 😉

Am doing the trial with another service. Won't pay for both. The scrobbling is a major issue, just sayin :((. Hard-earned dollars in this economy. Customer service is important, especially when dollars are scarce.

The moderators already said in this thread that they had figured out the scrobbling problem. If you guys aren't planning on putting the update out soon, then why bother telling us that? It just makes us think you guys don't care or are not competent. Not sure which is worse.

I've only jsut found out about the scrobbling issue, I am so shocked. I am going to have to try out new services!

Spotify, you're a joke. I have been with last.fm WAY longer than with Spotify. To last.fm there are no alternatives, to Spotify there are. Therefor I'm now trying another service that DOES smoothly connect with my oldest friend Last.Fm.
Why can't you guys give us back the old app with working scrobbling, until the new one is fixed... ? Isn't that an option?

I'm trying an alternative and the trial period is 15 days. If you don't fix the scrobbling until then, I will change. So I even have to thank you, never would have checked the alternatives. By the way: the alternative scrobbles offline.

Yes, the lack of scrobbling to last.fm is a HUGE issue for me.  I just updated the app on iOS last night and immediately stopped scrobbling.  I'm paying for mobile service and if my tracks aren't scrobbled to last.fm, I will find another service that does.  

Just downgrade your Spotify until they fix the issue. 

I did, & scrobbling works again.

The only annoyance will be if you have local files synched to your device, because you have to delete the app.  

Anyways, it's a solution until they get the new update out. 

How to: 

http://cacheandquery.com/blog/2011/04/downgrading-ios-apps/

I appreciate the info, Rion.  Unfortunately, I never synched my iPhone to my computer.  😕  Good advice to do so going forward. 

everyone is talking about switching to something else, but what is another app that has equal, if not more songs than spotify that allows you to scrobble to lastfm on a mobile device? Because I'm drawiing a blank

I don't know how to switch to earlier version on phone. Help!! Do now we are supposed to not update our Spotify :(. I have a week and a half of a trial on something, don't want to be rude and say what but its mentioned on these threads I think. Really have some decision-making.

Sorry I didn't see the how to link...am looking at now. But kind of ridiculous to have to do so.

Not scrobbling for me either. 😞

@Rion wrote:

Just downgrade your Spotify until they fix the issue. 

I did, & scrobbling works again.

The only annoyance will be if you have local files synched to your device, because you have to delete the app.  

Anyways, it's a solution until they get the new update out. 

How to: 

http://cacheandquery.com/blog/2011/04/downgrading-ios-apps/

THANK YOU RION! Your tip is worth a million!!! Scrobbles again!

Guys, I think it's becoming a bit of a joke now . Can we get an ETA or something on the scribbling fix please?

I think just to mess with Spotify, Rdio just put out a new iPhone update to "fix minor bugs".

I guarantee you they have the scrobbling issue figured out already and could release the update anytime they want.

Suggested posts