Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 0.7.2

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 0.7.2

Hi guys!

What's new in this version (0.7.2):

Fixed: More pesky bugs have been zapped. This should include the iOS 7 beta volume crash bug.

Note: If you're having trouble with an update, please always make sure to go through the [iOS] Troubleshooting Spotify steps before posting.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
11 Replies

Yup, it's fixed both the iOS 6 and iOS 7 crash bugs, say thanks to the devs 😄

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Thanks for releasing 0.7.2.  Any idea when the new now playing view that was part of the 0.7.1 release on 7/2 will be fully rolled out?  Is this particular rollout more a matter of months than weeks?

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

We still need an EQ more than anything in the world on mobile devices.Headphone vary widely in quality and bias.. The 15k to 20k frequencies are destroying my ears.Was so happy when I discovered hidden eq and then absolutely destroyed when the next update took it away..Cannot use fiio amp without any eq..Thinking of unsubscribing from premium over this 😞

Why is it that I do not have the option to go to an artist's page anymore, the page that lists all the albums an artist has released.  I used to click on the bottom of the screen, and it pulled up selections for me to choose,  the Album> The Artist> Add To>  Star>, and a few other options.  Now when I want to listen to a certain artist, I have to search for them, I only have the option to go to the album that the song playing is on.  Which if you listen to the Punk Goes... Albums, you can't get to the artist you are listening to, just as an example.  If I am listening to the Cure bestival 2011, and want to go to the album disintegration, I have to search for the cure.  

Why the extra hoops to jump through?  Is this problem being fixed? 

On the go,I use iPod touch 5g(+fiio headphone amp) and having tasted the forbidden fruit of the hidden 10 band eq,I really miss it.I imagine the apple nazis complained and had it removed.So to now have not even an (ear bleeding) treble reducer is killing me.I love spotify,it's been a revolution for me,but my ears are often on fire cos of 15-20 k shrillness...

I just updated Spotify and my MyFord Touch to the latest 3.6.2 software yesterday. The main issue I have is that this update it that it does not fix the artist infromation or album art to be displayed on my screen when it is connected via USB from my iPhone 5. When I play a song on the "Discovery" section of Spotify on my iphone 5, it shows the artist and album art just fine (so I know it is capable of displaying this information). However, when I play a song from playlist I created, it will say "Unknown" for both the artist and the album art will not display. The artist information works fine via bluetooth, but most of the time, I don't use the bluetooth when I drive. The album art and artist info works with other apps such as Apple's Music app, TuneIn Radio, Pandora, iHeart radio, etc.I called Ford tech support and they said this was a know issue with Spotify. 

I have done several test in the last month, and I am conviced this is a Spotify app issues. It there a fix coming for this? 

@mtillmans wrote:

Why is it that I do not have the option to go to an artist's page anymore, the page that lists all the albums an artist has released.  I used to click on the bottom of the screen, and it pulled up selections for me to choose,  the Album> The Artist> Add To>  Star>, and a few other options.  Now when I want to listen to a certain artist, I have to search for them, I only have the option to go to the album that the song playing is on.  Which if you listen to the Punk Goes... Albums, you can't get to the artist you are listening to, just as an example.  If I am listening to the Cure bestival 2011, and want to go to the album disintegration, I have to search for the cure.  

Why the extra hoops to jump through?  Is this problem being fixed? 

@mtillmans When you pull up the options at the bottom, have you tried swiping left?

Community Ergo Sum

I know that spotify on iOs 7 beta is not supposed to work, but I am a dev AND i like to listen when I work so just so you know I am experiencing:

- sluggish scroll on discover ( sometimes it stops scrolling if you're not enough fast and go into the detail instead of scrolling down)

- random crashes on preview on discover

- random crashes everywhere, much more than previous version which had the volume crash, which was very annoying but at least avoidable 🙂

Don't take that as a complaint, I'm an ios dev too, so I know how many differents API are there.

Continue up the good work!

A few days ago, I posted a message about spotify and the album information and artwork showing randomly on my  MyFord Touch display. I did more testing this morning and I figured out what is wrong.

When I play songs on MyFord touch display, a number of songs show up. For instance, on Spotify it would say 1/51), on my Music app on my phone it would say 1/6889, or 251/6889, etc...

When I load Spotify, 1/51 would show up, this indicates that it is playing the first song of 51 on my selected playlist. When I play any of my playlist straight though (not hitting the random feature on spotify) it would say 2/51, 3/51,4/51, etc... What I found out is that when this is displayed, the album artwork and information works great! No issues at all. However when I play a song pass the 51 track, no album or artwork is displayed and the number of songs display (1/51, 2/51, etc...) is gone. I did this with all my playlists in my account and it was consistant. I think there is an indexing issue in spotify.

This seems like a simple fix. I know spotify and MyFord touch have the alblity to show the album informaiton and artwork. Just want to let you know.

Thanks,

I blamed the volume bug in ios7 beta on ios rather than spotify, as only now in beta 5 are many more apps able to launch properly/stay running. But thanks for fixing!

Only issue I've spotted now with 0.7.2.26 on iPhone 5 ios7 beta 5 is whenever the app is restored (having used several other apps, so Spotify has to quickly reload before it is usable), and it loads up on the Starred playlist view, the Available Offline toggle sets itself from On to Off and I have to set it to On again. Not sure if the setting really does change to Off or whether it's a cosmetic/visual bug and the setting really remains On? (because the interface redraws bit by bit whilst it's restoring and it may just not redraw properly). When it happens again I might navigate out to somewhere else in the app, then go back to Starred and see whether the setting remains On or really has changed to Off. 

...and here's hoping you can do something about the 3,333 offline track licencing 'bug' 🙂

We just released a new version! Have a look here for info.

Community Ergo Sum

Suggested posts