iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Lyrics not showing

Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 15.0.2 Spotify 8.6.80.1180 My Question or Issue Apparently everyone in the world got the lyrics with the update. Expect me. How do I fix this ? Or rather how will YOU fix this ?! Empti...

• Regular
  • VALKSPOP
  • 856 replies
  • 312 likes
  • 856 replies
  • 312 likes

Downloading music on Apple Watch

Hey folks!Here's a few tips & tricks to share about downloading music from Spotify on your Apple Watch! - If you're looking to get started, check this out! Not seeing the 'Download to Apple Watch'-button yet? Make sure your Spotify app is up-to-date ...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ver
  • 123 replies
  • 31 likes
  • 123 replies
  • 31 likes

Solved!! I have a different interface compared to my friends

Plan Premium Country Hong Kong Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 13.1.3 My Question or Issue I have just start using Spotify and I realise my interface in artists is different from those of my friends. My friends have the number of liked songs un...

• n0hero
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Restore local files

When I first got my spotify user a couple of weeks ago, I didn't understand much, and I managed to delete all the "local files".. Now I realize that it would be very nice to have them on spotify so I won't have to switch between itunes and spotify al...

• When I first got my spotify user a couple of weeks ago, I didn't understand much, and I managed to delete all the "local files".. Now I realize that it would be very nice to have them on spotify so I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Does Spotify work with Parrot MKi9200?

Hi, I have the Parrot MKi9200 and an iPhone 4S. I know that the music on my iPhone works flawlessly, with the remote ect... I was wondering, if I had Spotify would this work just as flawlessly? I understand that I have to select 'Application Audio' t...

• Hi, I have the Parrot MKi9200 and an iPhone 4S. I know that the music on my iPhone works flawlessly, with the remote ect... I was wondering, if I had Spotify would this work just as flawlessly? I u...
  • JorgeLuisBorges
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cannot install on iPhone 3G?

Well I had Spotify on my phone last night and this morning I noticed that it was gone. I looked at the App Store and the only one there requires iOS 5.0 and up.

• Well I had Spotify on my phone last night and this morning I noticed that it was gone. I looked at the App Store and the only one there requires iOS 5.0 and up.
  • ingramrod85
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Only a few of my playlists appear on my IPad

I have premium (or at least a free trial of it) and see that only around 15 of my playlists appear on the iPad. It isn't set to offline mode, and I've switched between hiding and not hiding unavailable tracks to no avail - this only changes slightly ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have premium (or at least a free trial of it) and see that only around 15 of my playlists appear on the iPad. It isn't set to offline mode, and I've switched between hiding and not hiding unavaila...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

update's issues with playing/pausing music

once I play a song on spotify, my iPhone seems to think that it is continually playing, even if I pause. this wouldn't really be a problem, except that it a) changes the lock screen to the slightly alternate one that shows up when the iPhone is playi...

• Casual Listener
  • once I play a song on spotify, my iPhone seems to think that it is continually playing, even if I pause. this wouldn't really be a problem, except that it a) changes the lock screen to the slightly a...
  • masip1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

What is the purpose for "offline sync"

I do not understand it! Recently I get on an airplane without Wifi and I follow their instructions to switch off the phone during take off. What I do is put the phone into airplane mode and then shut it off so that when I turn it back on there isn't ...

• Not applicable
  • I do not understand it! Recently I get on an airplane without Wifi and I follow their instructions to switch off the phone during take off. What I do is put the phone into airplane mode and then shut...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Track name stuck

Hi, Since the last 0.5.2.374..... update (i'm using Spotify on my 4S iPhone under 5.1.1 iOS), the track's name on the lock screen doesn't follow the playing - a bit annoying any ideas? thanks

• Hi,   Since the last 0.5.2.374..... update (i'm using Spotify on my 4S iPhone under 5.1.1 iOS), the track's name on the lock screen doesn't follow the playing - a bit annoying 😉   ...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! install on iOS 4.2.1 (iPhone 3G) ?

I have a premium account and just change my phone for an iPhone 3G ( :'( ) ... and what a bad surprise : your iPhone app is not compatible with IOS 4.2.1 How can i do to install it on my "old" iPhone (old ? only 2 or 3 years ...) thanks in advance. B...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a premium account and just change my phone for an iPhone 3G ( :'( ) ... and what a bad surprise : your iPhone app is not compatible with IOS 4.2.1 How can i do to install it on my "old" iPho...
  • Desjaree
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone USB connector in car stereo.

I just bought a 2012 Sonata SE 2.0T and it works via Bluetooth or the USB cable for iPhone. The problem is that the Bluetooth allows me to skip songs using the steering wheel controls, but doesn't sound as good as the USB connection. If I plug it in ...

• Casual Listener
  • I just bought a 2012 Sonata SE 2.0T and it works via Bluetooth or the USB cable for iPhone.  The problem is that the Bluetooth allows me to skip songs using the steering wheel controls, but does...
  • dwolter
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

can stream on Computer but not on iPad

hi, i tried to stream Gojira artist on my PC, it worked, but i cant stream it through my iPad

• Regular
  • hi, i tried to stream Gojira artist on my PC, it worked, but i cant stream it through my iPad
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files Won't Sync in iPhone

Spotify won't sync local files to my iPhone 4. For example, let's say I had some mixtapes I downloaded to my laptop. I had a playlist (local files) I used to be able to listen to from my iPhone. Now with the new update, all the songs are greyed out a...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify won't sync local files to my iPhone 4. For example, let's say I had some mixtapes I downloaded to my laptop. I had a playlist (local files) I used to be able to listen to from my iPhone. Now ...
  • jroemer81
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How to change Facebook accounts

When I installed Spotify on my iPhone yesterday I linked it to the wrong Facebook account. I can't find a way to change Spotify to now use a different Facebook account (on my iPhone). Any suggestions?

• Casual Listener
  • When I installed Spotify on my iPhone yesterday I linked it to the wrong Facebook account. I can't find a way to change Spotify to now use a different Facebook account (on my iPhone). Any suggestions?
  • JHT
  • 29 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 29 replies
  • 2 likes

48 hours to 30 days problems

Hi there My 48 hour trial finished yesterday so I registered my credit card details to get another 30 days free of the premium product on my iOS4 iTouch. Songs that were on my playlists originally have now disappeared and when I try and search for ar...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there   My 48 hour trial finished yesterday so I registered my credit card details to get another 30 days free of the premium product on my iOS4 iTouch. Songs that were on my playlists or...
  • mandy_meek
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify will not work on ipod touch 2g

I am trying to install spotify. On my iPod touch 2nd gen running IOS 4.2.1. When I try to download / install it. I get message saying you need to upgrade to IOS 5. But, 4.2.1 is the latest IOS for that device.

• I am trying to install spotify. On my iPod touch 2nd gen running IOS 4.2.1. When I try to download / install it. I get message saying you need to upgrade to IOS 5. But, 4.2.1 is the latest IOS for t...
  • Hilltop_Manor
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify showing unplayable tracks even when set to not show them

Is this just a bug? I'm being teased with a ton of albums I can't play. I'm a premium user and when I click on an unplayable track it wants me to create a station. Is this normal?

• Casual Listener
  • Is this just a bug? I'm being teased with a ton of albums I can't play. I'm a premium user and when I click on an unplayable track it wants me to create a station. Is this normal?
  • leefaulkner
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is sloooow

Hi For sometimes now Spotify is soooo slow at sometimes of the day (for exemple now at 11pm in Belgium) and have a Premium abo. Slow to play music (start the music some seconds then stop then continue, ... ) slow in the search when choising a playlis...

• Hi   For sometimes now Spotify is soooo slow at sometimes of the day (for exemple now at 11pm in Belgium) and have a Premium abo.   Slow to play music (start the music some seconds ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify with Straight Talk Wireless

Has anyone tried using Spotify with Straight Talk Wireless? I'm hearing contradictory things about whether it's allowed. If it is allowed (or tolerated), how is the service? I'm using an iPhone 3GS on AT&T presently. Thanks. Are there better options ...

• Has anyone tried using Spotify with Straight Talk Wireless?  I'm hearing contradictory things about whether it's allowed.  If it is allowed (or tolerated), how is the service?  I'm usi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify ruined my week

First spotify didnt back up 5 years (2081 tracks) of unreplacable songs and playlists. Now i have spent £50 pounds on music to load onto the iopd to try and replace some of the music. And it says its synced them on but my ipod wont play so try to con...

• Casual Listener
  • First spotify didnt back up 5 years (2081 tracks) of unreplacable songs and playlists. Now i have spent £50 pounds on music to load onto the iopd to try and replace some of the music. And it say...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist not syncing to iPhone or iPad...

Hi, Right just signed up for Premium subscription. In Spotify desktop app (mac) I have one playlist. With 106 tracks.I want those tracks on my iPhone/iPad and to be able to take them offline.Ive installed spotify on both, opened the apps, and it does...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,  Right just signed up for Premium subscription. In Spotify desktop app (mac) I have one playlist. With 106 tracks. I want those tracks on my iPhone/iPad and to be able to take them offli...
  • airplane
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing playing song between two devices.

hello everyone, i currently have a speaker system in my family's living room but have a few ihomes around the house aswell. Is there any way that i could sync the playing song on my computer with an iphone device while in an ihome and create a pseudo...

• hello everyone, i currently have a speaker system in my family's living room but have a few ihomes around the house aswell. Is there any way that i could sync the playing song on my computer with an ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes