Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

Where do songs go when unstarred?

I have been saving albums straight to starred which is silly, I know, but I'm not doing it anymore, but now I'm un starring those songs, where do they go?

• Casual Listener
  • I have been saving albums straight to starred which is silly, I know, but I'm not doing it anymore, but now I'm un starring those songs, where do they go?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

What's New choice has disappeared.

Hello! I have had Spotify on my iphone 4 about a year and have always had the option of listening to "what's new" but suddenlythat has disappeared and has got exchanged by discover, It sucks, how can I get what's new back???

• Casual Listener
  • Hello!   I have had Spotify on my iphone 4 about a year and have always had the option of listening to "what's new" but suddenly that has disappeared and has got exchanged by discover, It suc...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

No internet connection available

I want to be able to use spotify with out a wifi connection on a cruise. Is that possible?

• Casual Listener
  • I want to be able to use spotify with out a wifi connection on a cruise.  Is that possible?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync not working with premium account

Hi, my playlists have stopped syncing to my iPhone 5 in the last few days. I have a premium account, paid only a week and a half ago. It just is stuck on syncing track 1 of 30. Tried logging out, turning off phone...no luck. Username Bearzfeet

• Hi, my playlists have stopped syncing to my iPhone 5 in the last few days. I have a premium account, paid only a week and a half ago. It just is stuck on syncing track 1 of 30. Tried logging out, tur...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Starred Playlist not syncing

DescriptionI'm having issues syncing my starred playlists with my iPhone 5. A more detailed description, using numbered stepsI've deleted the app and reinstalled but nothing has solved the issue.Turned off my phone and back on but nothing.My starred ...

• Regular
  • Description I'm having issues syncing my starred playlists with my iPhone 5.   A more detailed description, using numbered steps I've deleted the app and reinstalled but nothing has solved...
  • iferg64
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Why is the radio function only playing a couple songs and stopping?

I've been using Pandora for a lot of years now, I pay for Pandora One, but I wanted to check out Spotify because I always hear good things about it. I got a premium account and attempted to use the radio function. While I'm bartending, I need to use ...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been using Pandora for a lot of years now, I pay for Pandora One, but I wanted to check out Spotify because I always hear good things about it.  I got a premium account and attempted to use...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't sync songs in playlist

I added a bunch of songs to my 'starred' playlist and they will not sync (grey arrow) next to each title. I'm on wifi now and nothing is happening? Any thoughts?

• I added a bunch of songs to my 'starred' playlist and they will not sync (grey arrow) next to each title. I'm on wifi now and nothing is happening? Any thoughts?
  • artducko
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium account not working

My premium account is not working. It's keeps saying I need a premium account but I have. How can this be sorted????

• Casual Listener
  • My premium account is not working. It's keeps saying I need a premium account but I have. How can this be sorted????
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Same problem

Mine is doing the same- keeps saying I have to upgrade but I already did. What do I do?

• Mine is doing the same- keeps saying I have to upgrade but I already did. What do I do?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs in Offline playlists won't play

I have an iPhone 5, everything is fully updated and I have this problem with my Offline playlists. They all say they're downloaded fine but when I go to listen to some of the songs it will open up but the playback bar on the bottom doesn't have a tim...

• I have an iPhone 5, everything is fully updated and I have this problem with my Offline playlists. They all say they're downloaded fine but when I go to listen to some of the songs it will open up bu...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Local files get Spotify IOS app to crash when trying to play

Description Spotify IOS app crashes when trying to play some specific synced local files Detailed description: 1. I have some local tracks mannaged in Spotify om my MAC 2. Then I sync them for offline listening om my iPhone 5 and ipad 3 3. When play ...

•   Description Spotify IOS app crashes when trying to play some specific synced local files   Detailed description: 1. I have some local tracks mannaged in Spotify o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Apple iPhone app
    iOS
    local files
    local music
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Mods: please reset my devices

i've used Offline Sync on too many devices, apparently. it works on my iPad, iPhone4, and laptop, but it has stopped working on the one i need most... my iphone5. thanks!

• Visitor
  • i've used Offline Sync on too many devices, apparently. it works on my iPad, iPhone4, and laptop, but it has stopped working on the one i need most... my iphone5.   thanks!
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

payment with code

I payed my premium with a pre-paid code and i sitll can`t use my spotify on my phone . The same thing happend the last ime i did this but it was fixed the same day .

• Regular
  • I payed my premium with a pre-paid code and i sitll can`t use my spotify on my phone .  The same thing happend the last ime i did this but it was fixed the same day . 
  • victorchirinos
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium account not recognised on iOS devices

None of my devices are recognising that I am a premium member. Any tips to fix this, I have logged of then back in.

• Casual Listener
  • None of my devices are recognising that I am a premium member. Any tips to fix this, I have logged of then back in.
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

follow a playlist

How do I follow someones public playlist?

• How do I follow someones public playlist?
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Shuffel off in iPhone 4?

Hi - I cant turn off shuffelmode on my iPhone 4? What wrong or is it just me, that don't like shuffle that much?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi - I cant turn off shuffelmode on my iPhone 4? What wrong or is it just me, that don't like shuffle that much?
  • Lelai
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

47 hours remaining of your trial-premium

on my iphone 5 spotify says 47 hours remaining of your trial, i verified my premium subscription works fine from my computer so not sure why my iOS device says that. followed your instructions to clear history and cookies in safari as well as delete ...

• on my iphone 5 spotify says 47 hours remaining of your trial, i verified my premium subscription works fine from my computer so not sure why my iOS device says that. followed your instructions to c...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files Completely Absent From iPad App Playlists

I'm using a new Mac Mini with OSX 10.8.3, and a retina iPad with the Spotify app. There are 4 local files both on the desktop and the iPad which are used in Spotify playlists. On the desktop they show up and play without any problem whatsoever. On th...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using a new Mac Mini with OSX 10.8.3, and a retina iPad with the Spotify app.   There are 4 local files both on the desktop and the iPad which are used in Spotify playlists. On the desktop...
  • jcous
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • apple
    local files
    local ipad files
    Mac
    mobile device
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes