Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 0.9.0

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 0.9.0

iOS Release Notes
What's new in version 0.9.0
  • New: Never miss a gig! Artist views now feature touring details.
  • New: Spotify now speaks Japanese, Russian and Indonesian.
  • New: New Search rolling out now. Get ready for instant results, and the ability to search playlists and user profiles.
  • Fixed: Many bugs conquered.
  • Fictitious: This app shot the sheriff.

#0.9.0 #ReleaseNotes
Important to note
  • When reporting issues, always mention what version of the Spotify app you're using
  • If you're still having issues using your car stereo with Spotify, please come here and provide us more information
--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.
28 Replies

iPhone 5 iOS 7.0.3
Spotify appV 0.9.0.8
app locks up when opened, freezes for a few seconds before allowing me to do anything, won't play offline playlists, won't stream. Saw comment above and pulled my headphones out, the track starts playing....Plug headphones in, back to frozen? This is like the 3rd time an update is released that causes more frustration than awe. C'mon guys, please fix this soon!!!!

@jslasht - would you be able to add your details over on this topic? Trying to collect some details for reporting there. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

In the past couple weeks I've upgraded both my ipad and ipad Mini to the new iPad Air and iPad Mini 2nd gen with Retina.  On both devices the Spotify iOS app is unusable, constantly crashing.  I've tried everything, closing down all other apps, restarting the ipads, deleting and reintalling the Spotify app.  Nothing has solved the issue.   If I delete the Spotify app and reinstall, I'll be able to sign in to my Spotify premium account in the app using my Facebook login and get to the initial What's New screen.  But after a few minutes of playing music, the app suddenly quits.  From that point on I can no longer use the Spotify app.  As soon as I start up the app, it crashes trying to load the What's New screen.  This is happening on both the iPad Air and new iPad Mini Retina.  I still have my 1st gen iPad Mini.  It's never had an issue with the Spotify app crashing and neither did my iPad 3.  All three iPads are running the same iOS 7.0.4 and latest Spotify 0.9.0.   I suspect it's because the new iPad Air and Mini are running the new A7 64-bit chip.  Is anyone else with the new iPad Air or Mini running into the same crashing issue?

azcoyote -  Sorry to hear that you are experiencing these problems. I thought I would mention that I have an iPhone 5S that also uses the A7 Chip and I do not experience any of the issues you have. 

I have been using on my iPad Air for a couple of weeks and not had any problems.

It's really weird.  I can consistenly get the Spotify app to crash on both the iPad Air and Mini Retina.  After deleting the app and reinstalling from the App Store, the app starts up ok but will crash either during the 1st or 2nd song I try playing.  Then I can't get the app to start up without crashing on the opening screen.  I've shot a video with my iphone showing the crashes happening on the iPad Air and Mini Retina.  Here's the YouTube link..    As I said previously, no issues with the Spotfiy app on my 1st gen iPad Mini or the iphone 5.  It's only the new iPads that are doing this.

http://youtu.be/EiJSr4ycQHw

According to the release notes, an Instant Search feature should be rolling out.  Presumably, this is similar to the results for search engines.  However, my Search tab on 0.9.0 hasn't changed, but I can search for profiles and through playlists.  Can anyone tell me when the new instant search is expected to launch?

I miss the recently played artist /song etc frommthe latest IOS update ? Is this a bug , it would be extremely helpfull to able to see your history .

Hi everyone, we just released a new version. You'll find more info here.

Community Ergo Sum

Suggested posts