Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 1.6.0

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 1.6.0

ReleaseNotesiOS.jpg

What's new in this version (1.6.0)

• New: Save whole albums to Your Music directly from the album page. Check out release year and total play time by swiping the album header.
  • New: Spotify now speaks Finnish.
  • Fictitious: This app was designed by David Hasselhoff.

#iOS #1.6.0 #ReleaseNotes

Important to note

• -
Community Ergo Sum
29 Replies

Thank you by your kindly reply to my question

After this update, I cannot edit the starred playlist on my iphone, but I can do so on my ipad. This must be a bug.

SPOTIFY - it's wrong to think in create mainly updates for iPhone. At least here in Portugal, there are a huge quantity of iPad Mini sales. This mean that the people can carry out this kind of device to the car, local work and even at home and connect it to the HiFi speakers. This size is not the problem now. I prefer using my ipad mini insteed iphone to listen music. In this way I can save iphone battery to others importants issues. Think about PLEASE.

Regards

This is defo more of a downgrade. Starred favorite list can't be edited and album separator is gone.... Why?

Downloaded the update the other night, and now the app will not open at all on my iPhone 4. I press the app icon and nothing happens. This is very disappointing! Tried deleting and reinstalling, but nothing happened.

@Unsunganthem

Follow this steps:

Click into your Spotify App -> Logout from Spotify (Spotify app Settings -> Logout) -> [If you are on premium and have songs that are on available offline, click here: https://www.spotify.com/sg-en/account/offline-devices/ and remove all devices -> Go to iPhone Settings, General, Usage and Delete the app -> Go to App Store and download the Spotify app again.

Also clear off Safari’s Cache under iPhone/iPad Settings > Safari and Clear all of the caches.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Sluggish...takes a long time to respond to the touch...swipe causes temporary freeze, repeat...Lots of problems. I hoped it would be straightened out by now because I did like the look and feel of the new version. I have an old iPhone that I still have version 0.7.6 running on and it works like a charm. I really wish you'd tweaked these new versions BEFORE releasing them. I thought, when they were first introduced, that I'd really enjoy the Your Music functions but to be honest I never use them. NEVER. As far as I'm concerned they are little more than a psychological trick to make you feel more like the music your "renting" is actually "yours". Maybe that matters to some people, not to me. I just want the darn thing to work.

@Paulsmit1979 wrote:
album separator is gone.... Why?

I think it looked pretty clunky, they could have done a better job in terms of the design there. But at least leave it in until they could come up with something better?

@jeremygoh wrote:
@Unsunganthem

Follow this steps:

Click into your Spotify App -> Logout from Spotify (Spotify app Settings -> Logout) -> [If you are on premium and have songs that are on available offline, click here: https://www.spotify.com/sg-en/account/offline-devices/ and remove all devices -> Go to iPhone Settings, General, Usage and Delete the app -> Go to App Store and download the Spotify app again.

Also clear off Safari’s Cache under iPhone/iPad Settings > Safari and Clear all of the caches.

Problem is that I lose my manual EQ settings when I do this. It does remove the stream cache storage but why can Spotify just add a remove cache button in the settings? Beats Music has it.

We just released a new version. More info here.

Community Ergo Sum

Suggested posts