Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Siri eyes free doesn't work with Spotify

Just had siri eyes free installed in my 2014 honda accord. It works well except when spotify is open, which is most of the time. When I press the button on my steering wheel to activate siri, it never activates. It pauses spotify briefly and then it ...

• Just had siri eyes free installed in my 2014 honda accord. It works well except when spotify is open, which is most of the time. When I press the button on my steering wheel to activate siri, it neve...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Play que problems

-Open Spotify-Open search and search for anything-Starts à song from result from search-Set a song in queNow im unable to play other track from search result. I can do a new search but still unable to play anything from search result.Plenas help, thi...

• Casual Listener
  • -Open Spotify -Open search and search for anything -Starts à song from result from search -Set a song in que Now im unable to play other track from search result. I can do a new search but stil...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My synchronisation icon (my albums area) turned grey, why ?

Hello Community, My albums are not synchronisating anymore, the "arrow icon" turned grey (VS green) for the last albums i have added. What can I do ? Thanks for your help, A french user,Xavier

• Hello Community,   My albums are not synchronisating anymore, the "arrow icon" turned grey (VS green) for the last albums i have added. What can I do ?   Thanks for your help, A...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Albums
    synchronisation
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Search bug

I have tried to search for songs by using the search option in spotify. (iPhone 5) But when i tap on the suggestions that pops up, the app restarts and goes back to my main screen on the phone. Everytime i do this, it does the same. Please do somethi...

• I have tried to search for songs by using the search option in spotify. (iPhone 5) But when i tap on the suggestions that pops up, the app restarts and goes back to my main screen on the phone. Every...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Genre browsing

A friend of mine has a Words option in the Browse/categories, but I cannot see this on my list of Categories. My friend is in the US and I am in UK, could this be the reason? I am using iOS 7.1.

• Casual Listener
  • A friend of mine has a Words option in the Browse/categories, but I cannot see this on my list of Categories. My friend is in the US and I am in UK, could this be the reason? I am using iOS 7.1.
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing and offline issue

Hi, My iphone will not sync or d/l any tracks so they're available offline. Now all the tracks that were previsouly available offline no longer are either. I have over 2gb of space on my phone. Thanks

• Hi,    My iphone will not sync or d/l any tracks so they're available offline. Now all the tracks that were previsouly available offline no longer are either. I have over 2gb of space o...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist I didn't create

A week or so ago all my music disappeared and 2 playlist of music I don't listen too were created and in my account that I didn't create. All my lists have been restored and a recent similar list of music says I created this list of music I don't lis...

• A week or so ago all my music disappeared and 2 playlist of music I don't listen too were created and in my account that I didn't create. All my lists have been restored and a recent similar list of ...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Not working outside of my house

So I have been testing Spotify recently, a Premium account for a month, and I can't use Spotify outside of my home! It works on both my computers and my iPhone when at home on my WLAN.But when I come to my company, we also have WLAN there, it will pl...

• Regular
  • So I have been testing Spotify recently, a Premium account for a month, and I can't use Spotify outside of my home! It works on both my computers and my iPhone when at home on my WLAN. But when I co...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to use filtering/sorting feature

I am using Spotify via mobile and this update says there should be a feature to filter/sort your music,but I am unable to locate this or find it. I am running IOS 7.0.4 so I do not know if this is the issue, but I have friends that are able to use it...

• I am using Spotify via mobile and this update says there should be a feature to filter/sort your music,but I am unable to locate this or find it. I am running IOS 7.0.4 so I do not know if this is th...
  • becohen08
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • filtering
    sorting
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot play my radio stations on iPad

Hi, Spotify works fine on Windows but when I select Radio on my iPad I cannot play any of my stations. When I select a station it finds tracks similar to the station I selected but I can't just play the saved station. I have tried reinstalling, clear...

• Regular
  • Hi, Spotify works fine on Windows but when I select Radio on my iPad I cannot play any of my stations. When I select a station it finds tracks similar to the station I selected but I can't just play...
  • Whitbyweather
  • Regular
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Sync arrow green but music not playing on iphone

All my music has the green arrow next to it, and i have switched my "available offline" button, but when I got to play them some play and some don't!? Anypone else had this?

• All my music has the green arrow next to it, and i have switched my "available offline" button, but when I got to play them some play and some don't!? Anypone else had this?
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Hello (Spotify on Multiple Devices)

Hello, I want to ask a question.I want to buy Spotify Premium for myself. Can I use that premium account on my iPhone 5S, my dad's iPhone 4 and my laptop? MOD EDIT: I edited the subject line briefly so it's clearer for everyone, instead of "Hello" (w...

• Hello, I want to ask a question. I want to buy Spotify Premium for myself. Can I use that premium account on my iPhone 5S, my dad's iPhone 4 and my laptop?   MOD EDIT: I edited the subjec...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't view cover art on iPhone

Hi there, I am a premium user and for some reason I cannot see any cover art when using Spotify on my iPhone. I have read previous posts on this and I seem to experiencing the same problem as many others. I downloaded the software update yesterday an...

• Hi there,   I am a premium user and for some reason I cannot see any cover art when using Spotify on my iPhone. I have read previous posts on this and I seem to experiencing the same problem...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't connect my iPod to spotify - have premium

Hi! I want to connect my iPod to spotify but nothing happends. I have the app on my ipod, have connected it with USB cable to my computer and opend the app on my ipod, but nothing happens! What can I do?

• Hi!   I want to connect my iPod to spotify but nothing happends. I have the app on my ipod, have connected it with USB cable to my computer and opend the app on my ipod, but nothing happens!...
  • dharmadude
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't work on ipods

Spotify only works on cell phones, which is fine! I never use my ipod anymore

•   Spotify only works on cell phones, which is fine! I never use my ipod anymore
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

iOS Equalizer problem

Hey there! Need some help! I have been waiting for years for the today implemented EQ setting option in ios. Installed the update, the new setting panel "eq" shows up, but it doesnt work. i tried every option, but the playing music doesnt change, sti...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey there!   Need some help!   I have been waiting for years for the today implemented EQ setting option in ios.   Installed the update, the new setting panel "eq" shows up...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Lack of "Your Music" on iPad is getting really frustrating

I've just seen that version 1.5 has just been released. But after download, perhaps unsuprisingly, there is still no "Your Music" on the iPad. Spotify is not building any brand loyality with me. I will be more than happy to switch when there is a goo...

• Casual Listener
  • I've just seen that version 1.5 has just been released.   But after download, perhaps unsuprisingly, there is still no "Your Music" on the iPad.   Spotify is not building any brand ...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Crash since the update

Why spotify Always crash when I open it in iPhone since the update?I have an Iphone 5 with iOS 8 bêta 4 and since the update today I can't use anymore spotify, when I open the app it crashes automatically..Hope you can help me

• Casual Listener
  • Why spotify Always crash when I open it in iPhone since the update? I have an Iphone 5 with iOS 8 bêta 4 and since the update today I can't use anymore spotify, when I open the app it crashes auto...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

cant play music

Can play spotify music on ipad and mac workbook, however cannot play on iphone 5. Tells me only available online, when i hit play online it asks me to upgrade which i have already.

• Can play spotify music on ipad and mac workbook, however cannot play on iphone 5. Tells me only available online, when i hit play online it asks me to upgrade which i have already.
  • josephcreed7
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Discover feature blank screen

When I try to use the discover feature it is just a black screen. I have reset my phone and have reinstalled the app as well. Any advice?

• Casual Listener
  • When I try to use the discover feature it is just a black screen. I have reset my phone and have reinstalled the app as well. Any advice?
  • bwbaum
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes