Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 1.9.0

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 1.9.0

ReleaseNotesiOS.jpg

What's new in this version (1.9.0)

• New: Our new look is now on iPad. Hope you like black!
  • New: Your Music is on iPad.
  • Fictitious: This app can now speak cat, dog and horse.

You can read more about this release on our blog.

Behold:

iOS 1.9.0

iOS 1.9.0 (2)

Community Ergo Sum
28 Replies

@ MattSuda

Is there any way i can report this bug directly to devs?

@radiuz wrote:

@ MattSuda

Is there any way i can report this bug directly to devs?

Yeah, just post it on community and someone from superusers will escalate this to right team.

Hey @radiuz 

I have sent your message to the team responsible for making sure bugs get fixed at Spotify. Thanks for reporting.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Sorry but I really dislike this iPad update! All you have done is ported the iPhone app to the iPad, you are not using any of the iPads larger screen real estate to any effect at all - it just looks like two iPhone screens stitched together  - oh wait, that's exactly what it is! Album art has taken a back seat again, when I select an album from the scrolling 'list' (because all my music is now just a long boring list) all I get is another boring list alongside - did I mention how BORING this is!! Oh wait there is an album art graphic, but its out of sight and I have to scroll the 'list' down to see it! And it's very small - but then its for the iPhone isn't it, not the iPad. I haven't really gone into the usability of the app because the interface is such a turn off but 'Your Music' is a travesty, always has been, you obviously don't have a clue abut collecting and storing a library of music. When I 'favourite' a track it means I love that track, is doesn't necessarily mean I love the artist or the album - but the artist is put in my Artist favourites and the album is put in my Album favorites - WRONG!

I do understand economics, and developing a separate iPad app is a costly business - but it's a step you should have taken years (and I mean years) ago. I'm not mentioning any other services but a new Scandinavian lossless streaming service just launched, their iPad app makes yours look like a screen cramped phone app (well that's just what it is!) and the usability is far more advanced - when I favourite a track it just goes in My Tracks - what a amazement! And you know why all this rant, because you have been told, by me, by many, what we want from Your Music and you have done precisely NOTHING! I find Spotify useful just at the moment because it's links into other music aggregation sites is extensive for quick audition of new music - but when my  bright new shiny lossless 'go to' service reaches that kind of integration I'm off. Spotify founders better have an exit plan because this is not the same market you pretty much created just a few years ago - you were first and you were the best... time moves on and you need new direction at the top - lets hope they sell out and fast!

I have problem with this update for the ipad. The white text on a black background on a big screen is really straining my eyes and is causing headaces that i've never had with the old app. It's a seroius dealbreaker and would be easly fixed if you woild allow more toned down colours or at least be able to switch white text on black to black text on white. Other than that you have removed the option for quickley going to an artist by clicking on the portrait of the song and clicking on the the name of the artist, to now having to go into a menu to find this option, which takes significant more time and effort and I don't see the point of removing this feature, since now it's just a neuisence.
Other than that it's a nice looking design and i like the option for offline mode.

Please fix these problems since they were never there before this update and would be so easy to fix with a simple option for colour choise. Thank you.

Good to see the default playlist name on iOS when saving an album as a playlist is now correctly defaulting to the album name (a regression in 1.7.0). Original post

Thanks for listening, Spotify!

I'll answer my own question......NOPE!

It's still broken (Airplay that is).   Please fix it! 🙂

I agree with you about the update not taking advantage of the iPad's large screen real estate. Should have been able to find a happy medium between the iphone and PC version for the iPad. The "two phone screens stitched together" look (especially in landscape mode) is a HUGE turn off. 

New release notes here.

Community Ergo Sum

Suggested posts