Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 36 likes

Solved!! Remove the song you were listening to from playlist

I was wondering if there was a way to remove the song that you are listening to from the playlist that you are listening to. As far as I can see, in the iOS app, you have to go to the playlist, filter for the name of the song, and then press edit pla...

• Gig Goer
  • I was wondering if there was a way to remove the song that you are listening to from the playlist that you are listening to. As far as I can see, in the iOS app, you have to go to the playlist, filte...
  • Feddar
  • Gig Goer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS playlist
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Data Usage Issues

Hi guys, I am a Spotify Premium user on an iPhone 5S, on iOS 7.0.4, Spotify version 1.7.0.2390. Lately I have been experiencing high data usage on my phone, and have been trying to track down what is causing it. Having not downloaded any new apps, up...

• Hi guys,   I am a Spotify Premium user on an iPhone 5S, on iOS 7.0.4, Spotify version 1.7.0.2390. Lately I have been experiencing high data usage on my phone, and have been trying to track d...
  • paulacoelho86
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone 6 - will not open

I have removed and reinstalled the app on the new iPhone - it will not open. Just shows green icon and disappears. Any tips?

• I have removed and reinstalled the app on the new iPhone - it will not open.  Just shows green icon and disappears.  Any tips?  
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone App Downloads Songs, Fills Up Storage

Hopefully the title is clear. My issue is occurring on the iPhone app, where music is downloading to my storage so I can listen offline. It looks like I cannot disable this or undo the downloads. As a result, my phone's storage is 100% full, and I ca...

• Hopefully the title is clear.  My issue is occurring on the iPhone app, where music is downloading to my storage so I can listen offline.  It looks like I cannot disable this or undo the do...
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • iOS
    iphone
    mobile app
    photos
    storage
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't remove files from my iPhone

I was running out of space on my phone (iPhone 4s running ios 7) and saw that Spotify was using 5.6GB of disk space. I deleted most of my downloaded music, but the Spotify usage remained stuck on 5.6GB. In the help, it says that the cache will be fre...

• Regular
  • I was running out of space on my phone (iPhone 4s running ios 7) and saw that Spotify was using 5.6GB of disk space. I deleted most of my downloaded music, but the Spotify usage remained stuck on 5.6...
  • Greenpig
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Is there a way to limit the amount of songs sync'd off a certain playlist?

Hi There, I was syncing a playlist of about 300 songs but I only wanted to sync about the first hundred of them rather than the whole lot, just as a taster kind of thing. Is that possible at all? Thanks for your time! Ian

• Casual Listener
  • Hi There,   I was syncing a playlist of about 300 songs but I only wanted to sync about the first hundred of them rather than the whole lot, just as a taster kind of thing.  Is that pos...
  • Ians03
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify 1.7.0 crashing on sync

Just added some new local files to my starred playlist yesterday, and app was crashing when I tried to sync (about 12 songs?) Then today the same was happening, reinstalled the app, synced all the spotify tracks fine, then tried to sync the local fil...

• Casual Listener
  • Just added some new local files to my starred playlist yesterday, and app was crashing when I tried to sync (about 12 songs?)   Then today the same was happening, reinstalled the app, synced...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 280 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 280 replies
  • 4 likes

I canot access my offline songs

I am not able to play songs offline evethough i have downloaded them

• I am not able to play songs offline evethough i have downloaded them
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Force closing

iPhone 5sVerizon WirelessiOS 7.1.2 For the last two days just about every time I've attempted to open the app it stays open for 1-2 secs and then force closes. Uninstalled and reinstalled and restarted the phone countless times to no avail.

• Casual Listener
  • iPhone 5s Verizon Wireless iOS 7.1.2 For the last two days just about every time I've attempted to open the app it stays open for 1-2 secs and then force closes. Uninstalled and reinstalled and r...
  • Supurcman
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Newbie iphone6 problems

I am new to Spotify so I don't know if I am experiencing a problem or if this is normal behavior. I have never used Spotify before before, but it's not working the way I assumed it would work. Even if you can't help me solve the issue, would someone ...

• Regular
  • I am new to Spotify so I don't know if I am experiencing a problem or if this is normal behavior. I have never used Spotify before before, but it's not working the way I assumed it would work. Even ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

My Spotify is online on my Iphone 5s but it doesn't load any music and list!

Hi I upgraded my spotify to premium two weeks ago on my PC. my spotify was working as usual on my Iphone 5s but suddenly last week somthing happend to it. I tried to search a song on my Iphone spotify but it said "An error occurred", then I noticed i...

• Hi   I upgraded my spotify to premium two weeks ago on my PC. my spotify was working as usual on my Iphone 5s but suddenly last week somthing happend to it. I tried to search a song on my Ip...
  • MrTreasure
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone and iPad playslists not matching up

Hi, My offline playlists for my iPhone and iPad have recently stopped syncing with one another. For example, when I add tracks to an offline playlist on my iPhone it doesn't update the same playlist on my iPad automatically. The same goes for removin...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,    My offline playlists for my iPhone and iPad have recently stopped syncing with one another. For example, when I add tracks to an offline playlist on my iPhone it doesn't update t...
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Your Music Lost when opening app and losing service or wifi

Description This has become a consistent issue for me for months. Every time I open the app when getting on an elevator or walking down into the subway, as the app is loading up, I witness my entire Your Music library disappear before my eyes. A more...

• Regular
  • Description This has become a consistent issue for me for months.  Every time I open the app when getting on an elevator or walking down into the subway, as the app is loading up, I witness my...
  • Jordi
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • connection
    Your Music
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Overall Radio Issues

I moved over to Spotify permanently from Pandora once the radio went live, but there are two main issues that remain: 1) Repetitiveness and a lack of selection 2) Classical music seems to be one giant, vague category If you create a radio station and...

• Regular
  • I moved over to Spotify permanently from Pandora once the radio went live, but there are two main issues that remain:   1) Repetitiveness and a lack of selection 2) Classical music se...
  • fn0000rd
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

constant crashing clicking on a related artist

iPhone 6 -- probalby half the time I click on a related artist name app crashes and shuts down. It is starting to get old.

• Roadie
  • iPhone 6 -- probalby half the time I click on a related artist name app crashes and shuts down.   It is starting to get old. 
  • dj_x
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS 8 issues

I am having trouble with Spotify on my iPad and my iPhone. When I open Spotify on my iPad it just crashes. I tried deleting the application and then reinstalling it...that did nothing. Then, on my iPhone Spotify said "Auto Login failed" so I tried to...

• Casual Listener
  • I am having trouble with Spotify on my iPad and my iPhone. When I open Spotify on my iPad it just crashes. I tried deleting the application and then reinstalling it...that did nothing. Then, on my iP...
  • mrchrisroden
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Not getting green arrow for offline play

I have enabled "available off line" on my phone for a particular play list. I don't have much room on my iPhone, but I want this one short play list available off line to play in the car. Green button enabled on iPhone. But it's not downloading to my...

• Casual Listener
  • I have enabled "available off line" on my phone for a particular play list. I don't have much room on my iPhone, but I want this one short play list available off line to play in the car. Green butto...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Iphone 5 problems

Hey first off i like to say that i love using spotify and i am a premimum member as well. 1)During the weekend i was trying to listen to spotify on my phone in offline mode and my phone kept on stopping during the middle of a track, so i would have t...

• Hey first off i like to say that i love using spotify and i am a premimum member as well. 1)During the weekend i was trying to listen to spotify on my phone in offline mode and my phone kept on sto...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Crah

Hello, so i have this problem, whenever i add song to my playlist spotify crashes, music is still playing, but all options disappear and only thing i see is album cover, i know the solution with home button , but is there a way to stop it permanently...

• Hello, so i have this problem, whenever i add song to my playlist spotify crashes, music is still playing, but all options disappear and only thing i see is album cover, i know the solution with home...
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing albums in order

When I listen to an album on my phone, it plays the songs out of order. How do I automatically play the songs in the regular album order without them automatically being shuffled?

• When I listen to an album on my phone, it plays the songs out of order. How do I automatically play the songs in the regular album order without them automatically being shuffled?
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes