Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remember song played and open playlist when app closes

Remember song played and open playlist when app closes

App does not remember the song that is in progress or the playlist that is open if the app is closed for a long period of time and is unloaded from the iPhone's memory.
11 Replies

Updated: 2015-07-29

Hey there!
Could you tell us a bit more details about that?

What's your Spotify version?
How long does it take till Spotify "forgets" the last song?
When that happens, could you post a screenshot of how it looks when you open the app again (since it should be in the Now Playing Bar)?

Thanks!

I have same problem. Every morning spotify forgets the last song. I use IPhone 6, iOS 8.4, actual spotify version. Some versions before, this problem wasn't that big. Also helpful would be an audio bookmark, see my post.

I have not been able to get this to reoccur today, but I will let you know if I do.

It would be nice if Spotify took over control of the audio upon launch, though. Just opening the program isn't good enough to trigger the ability to use it with the swipe up menu.

@macguyzz wrote:

I have not been able to get this to reoccur today, but I will let you know if I do.

It would be nice if Spotify took over control of the audio upon launch, though. Just opening the program isn't good enough to trigger the ability to use it with the swipe up menu.

Alright, let us know if the issue comes up again. 🙂
I've moved the topic over here in the iOS section so we can keep track of similar feedback, also from other users.

@Dr833r
What is displayed in the Now Playing Bar when you open the app and Spotify has forgotten the last song?
Does it display any song at all?

It shows "Browsing mode" or "offline".

Then i have to go back to my playlist and search for last song.

It is annoying because i hear a lot of audio books.

--> Bookmarking funktion would be great 😉

@Marco the problem keeps on. 2 years ago it wasn´t a problem, Spotify always remembered last song or Playlist.

@Dr833r wrote:

It shows "Browsing mode" or "offline".

Then i have to go back to my playlist and search for last song.

It is annoying because i hear a lot of audio books.

--> Bookmarking funktion would be great 😉

Could you provide a screenshot of that "Browsing mode" or "offline" displayed in the Now playing bar?
That sounds really strange and with that evidence I'd escalate it to the Spotify staff. 🙂

Also please tell us your current OS and the Spotify version. Thanks!

next time i make screenshot.

"browsing mode" means, you can choose "browse" in the pull down menu. if spotify can not show something bcause bad net- connection, it shows "offline".
Spotify "jumps" to this browsing mode instead of the last track.
My Version: 3.7.0.1100
iOS: 8.4

Did you find a solution.

Me the same problem. hearing a book at night. press pause. in the morning, maybe 10 hours later, spotify shows only my last heard playlists. I forgot the write down the chapter yesterday, today I had to start again the book or remebering where I was. it has 660 chapters and I have no clue where i was....

So does anyone found a bookmark or something yet?

Two Years later, same Problem.  I often hear large Playlists (>1000 Songs) on shuffle. When the App closes and I want to start again, it often completley forgets the last played song (showing as described "offline mode" due to bad internet connection or Browsing mode). I have to re-choose the playlist and press shuffle. The annoying thing about this is, that I always hear the same songs because the shuffle-function doesnt know which song I already heard the day before.

If somone knows a work-around about this subject would be nice.. In Shuffle I cant just write down the last song I heard...

I forgot to say: I have the problem on Android!

Suggested posts