Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Removing songs from library

Removing songs from library

When I remove a song from my library it is still there when I reopen the app. Admittedly sometimes I am offline when I manage my library (i.e. remove songs) so I cannot be sure how that affects things. Is there a way I can define which device defines my library so my library can be updated when the default device is reconnected? Nothing worse than deleting a bad song then hearing it again.

Thanks!

3 Replies

Hey @Jrevard, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Just to double-check, is this happening with the Songs under Your Music, or with songs within a playlists you've created?

Also, can you let us know what device, operating system, and version of Spotify you're using?

We'll see what we can suggest.

Thank you for your reply Alejandar. Sorry for the delayed reply, data on this matter is difficult to come by. I have some now although not exactly relating to my OP.

I created a playlist of 100 songs from my library to sift through. While listening to the playlist I removed many of them (more than 70 songs removed) from my library by pressing the checkmark to change it to a plus, indicating it is "Removed from [my] Library."

I then go to my computer and look at the playlist, songs are removed (still in playlist of course)

I then go to my library and a few songs are still there.

I went through the exhaustive effort of extracting the playlist and comparing all 70 songs I removed to make sure they were removed from my library and found that 5 of the songs were not removed from my library (even though they do not have the checkmark by them in the playlist indicating they should not be in my library).

The result is I remove songs while listening to my library and then I hear them again even thought they should be removed. I only created the playlists to help me obtain this data, typically I just listen from my library.

I have attached a file showing an example of a song I removed while listening to a playlist and it is still in my library.

Can you help me determine why this is happening?

Thanks!

jrevard.jpg

I used an iPhone 6S to listen to the playlist and remove the songs from my library.

jrevard1.jpg

Suggested posts