Step 1

NEXT STEP

Repeat Enabled Automatically When Connected to Car

Repeat Enabled Automatically When Connected to Car

Device

iPhone 7, always latest version of iOS and Spotify

Operating System

iOS 10

This is an issue that was discussed for months, and finally solved back in April. But it seems with the latest update, it's back, and it's driving me nuts even more this time around. Here's the old thread, which is now closed.

When my phone connects to my car, via Bluetooth or AUX, repeat is enabled automatically, the second the connection is made. This happens every single time, without fail. I don't ever want repeat enabled, so this is a major nuisance for me. Once it's enabled on my phone, it caries through to other devices.

I've gone through several rounds of troubleshooting over the months via this community, direct support, and Twitter support. It is not an issue with my device or my vehicle, it is a software issue. It was resolved for a while, and now it's back.

Top Answer
MihailY

Hey folks,

For anyone still experiencing this, please check out the top answer in this thread and make sure to post the requested info so we can forward it to our developers.

Thanks!

49 Replies

Just give us a settings option to turn off repeat globally! it's not gonna take more than 1 developer 1 sprint to push out the functionality. It is unacceptable to have this issue to linger for YEARS

Love how a stupid problem with a simple solution exists five years later. Recently switched from android to iOS and just discovered this issue. Funny how this bug doesn’t exist in android, it is a problem that exclusive to iOS. You’ve had more than enough time to implement a fix for this and it’s high time you did so. Then again maybe it’s just time to switch to Apple Music.

Every time!! Why does the "Repeat" feature even exist?! If nothing else, having to find the button to turn off Repeat is a distraction while driving.

Also here, I HATE this bug (that maybe seems to be sold as a rediculous "feature"). PLEASE give the customers the option to disable "auto-repeat" even when the device is connected to the car (in my case: BMW 1 Series F20, 09/2014, NO carplay, only bluetooth). I'm really annyoed about this behavior and I'm close to switching to another Service.

I noticed that Repeat only switches on when Spotify connects to the car's audio via Bluetooth, not when using CarPlay via USB, so I've been able to work around this by completely unpairing the phone from the car, to prevent it ever connecting over Bluetooth.

this only happens if I have Spotify open before getting in the car and the car connects to my iPhone. If I summon Spotify using Siri then all my playback setting were as I left them.

iPhone 13pro

IOS 16.6

2018 Audi A1

Software version RMC_EU_P16342

My car doing the same!

That solved the problem for me! I also had both. A bluetooth connection to the build-in media system of my car and additionally the cable connection for CarPlay. After removing the bluetooth connection, the issue with automatically activating the repeat function is gone.

I’ve been having this issue for YEARS and you would think they would have fixed it by now considering how long ago this thread has been active. Any and every time I connect to any car regardless of device it always turns the repeat on without fail. Wether it’s connected through AUX, Bluetooth, USB, etc.. It’s still happening. For as long as I’ve had Spotify I have never used the repeat button nor do I intend to. They need to give the option to switch it off in settings at least. This is such an oversight. Not everyone wants to listen to the same album or playlist all day. It’s VERY annoying having to mess with it when you don’t even use it.
The “solutions” are temporary if that. This is something they need to look into and take seriously because it’s been 5 years.. Come on Spotify.. 

Hey folks,

For anyone still experiencing this, please check out the top answer in this thread and make sure to post the requested info so we can forward it to our developers.

Thanks!

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts