Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Repeated CRASHING on iPhone 5

Repeated CRASHING on iPhone 5

Description

So my player was working fine until I seemed to start adding tracks (thats a whole new topic in itself) to my playlists, willy nilly. I left my phone open and on to sync, while It was plugged into my Macbook Pro to sync. Now it only needs to be up for 2-3 mins before it just stops working altogether. No error message, the app just ends as if I pushed the 'Home' button on my phone.

When I re open it, the three loading dots reappear and I need to load it from scratch again =\

Note: Im following the template so ya'll can fix it faster.

What I expected to happen

I should be able to open the app, and let it sync quietly in the background while I browse Spotify on my Macbook and let it run, I dont see how Im expecting any more than I normally do from it, so why is it crashing?

What actually happened

1-2 Mins after opening the app, it disappears off my phones screen, as if I have pushed the home button, or ended the application.

My iPad/iPhone model

iPhone 5

Device’s Operating System

iOS6

Is your device jailbroken?

Of course not. Ive got money?

Approximately how many playlists do you have?

Like...30. Coz Im look like that.

Erm...about 20 of those are synced offline.

My mobile Spotify version

E.g. 0.6.4.2

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

E.g. 0.9.1.53

My provider and country

Vodafone NZ

Any help would be appreciated. Dont see why I should come on here tho, its a service I pay for, its your problem, not mine, but maybe the nice folks here can tell me what I be needing to do here.

Ps. Wheres the online tutorial that explains the different icons within the Spotify program for mac, since none of them have bubbles that explain themselves in-program =\

7 Replies

Welcome to the Community UNSPOKENSILENCE! have you tried the steps outlined here        [iOS] Troubleshooting Spotify             

YES

do you have the newest version of Spotify?

I do now. No issues so far. A day after the problem occurred the update was bought out. Good on you spotify team.

i'm glad to hear it appears that the new update has solved your issue 🙂

I have the problem that my spotify app doesn't even open after I updated it to the newest version today. I have an iphone 5 with ios 6.1.4

Suggested posts