Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

Can I use the Denon audio iPhone app with Spotify?

Hi, I'm a new forum member. I have just put the Denon audio app on my iPhone - a simple and very effective equaliser to adjust the sound on my itunes playlists. But it would be brilliant if I could also use it with streaming Spotify. Would be most gr...

• Hi, I'm a new forum member. I have just put the Denon audio app on my iPhone - a simple and very effective equaliser to adjust the sound on my itunes playlists. But it would be brilliant  if I c...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

playlist folder not always marked (green arrow) for offline use on iOS?

Hi,Why is it that playlist folders are only marked with green arrow (for offline use) if ALL content has been selected for offline use?Let me explain my question:I have playlist folders, named after Artists. The content of these folders are obviously...

• Music Fan
  • Hi, Why is it that playlist folders are only marked with green arrow (for offline use) if ALL content has been selected for offline use? Let me explain my question: I have playlist folders, named ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Change of e-mail

I have a wrong e-mail adress on Spotyfi. Please delete This e-mail does not exist. My real e-mail adress is: . I can'r use my Spotify because og that

• Visitor
  • I have a wrong e-mail adress on Spotyfi. Please delete <deleted> This e-mail does not exist.   My real e-mail adress is:  <deleted>. I can'r use my Spotify because og t...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I've found a bug: syncing desktop playlists to iOS app.

I've found a bug, but I can't find anywhere apart from here to post it. 1. Open the Desktop app, and create a new playlist. 2. Drag and drop 500 songs to the playlist (you'll need an existing playlist already created). On the iPhone app, the playlist...

• I've found a bug, but I can't find anywhere apart from here to post it. 1. Open the Desktop app, and create a new playlist. 2. Drag and drop 500 songs to the playlist (you'll need an existing pla...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover Tab?

I run two Spotify subscriptions - one for me and one for my wife. We both have the iOS app on iPhones but I've just noticed she has a 'Discover' tab and page on her app and I don't on mine. What gives? Is this being beta tested on just a few randomly...

• Music Fan
  • I run two Spotify subscriptions - one for me and one for my wife. We both have the iOS app on iPhones but I've just noticed she has a 'Discover' tab and page on her app and I don't on mine. What give...
  • Bradleythebuyer
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Mobile app (iOS) Spotify 2.0 - New layout design [SUPPORT to make it happen]

On mobile, we all expect user experience is "as easy as ONE click". I put in some effort to rethink about how i dream about a better spotify app.The core concept modifications are:SWIPE to change from Online to Offline mode, vice versaLive activity i...

• Regular
  • On mobile, we all expect user experience is "as easy as ONE click".   I put in some effort to rethink about how i dream about a better spotify app. The core concept modifications are: SWIPE...
  • mattz
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • mobile app
    new design
    New ideas
    offline mode
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Iphone 5 offline playlists wont sync

Hello, I have spotify premium and I currently use it on my ipad and my iphone 5. I am having a problem with the offline mode for playlists. I have one playlist that has around 50 songs, when I try to download the playlist for offline listening, it wi...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,  I have spotify premium and I currently use it on my ipad and my iphone 5. I am having a problem with the offline mode for playlists. I have one playlist that has around 50 songs, when ...
  • kartboy55
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

It's telling me I don't have premium??

I was signed up for Spotify premium on a debit card that has since expired, so I signed up with a new credit card and have been charged but it will not let me listen to my playlists and tells me I don't have Spotify premium. It's been 3 days.

• I was signed up for Spotify premium on a debit card that has since expired, so I signed up with a new credit card and have been charged but it will not let me listen to my playlists and tells me I do...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble with Spotify in car - Iphone 3Gs

Hello. I am a spotify Premium user, with an Iphone 3Gs. I have Premium in part to be able to use the application in my car. I have a USB auxiliary connection that allows me to hook up ipods/iphones to my car to play music. However, when I try and use...

• Hello. I am a spotify Premium user, with an Iphone 3Gs. I have Premium in part to be able to use the application in my car. I have a USB auxiliary connection that allows me to hook up ipods/iphones t...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Ipod Touch - Premium Account - Music Not Playing

Hey, I am a premium user and I would like to listen to music via the Ipod Touch. My IOS and Spotify app are up to date. However, I have not been able to play any of my songs without the song stopping. My internet is fine. So I think this is a Spotify...

• Hey, I am a premium user and I would like to listen to music via the Ipod Touch.  My IOS and Spotify app are up to date.  However, I have not been able to play any of my songs without t...
  • Robbie
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant find iPod backup.

Alright so I don't know if anyone else had this problem but I hooked up my iPod to spotify and pressed backup, erase and sync and chose a folder for it. After the sync though, I went looking for those files in that folder and it says there is nothing...

• Alright so I don't know if anyone else had this problem but I hooked up my iPod to spotify and pressed backup, erase and sync and chose a folder for it. After the sync though, I went looking for thos...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for iOS 0.6.4

What's new in this version (0.6.4): Fixed: Regular crashing for some users when trying to play music. Note: If you're having trouble with an update, please always make sure to go through the [iOS] Troubleshooting Spotify steps before posting.

• Spotify Legend
  • What's new in this version (0.6.4): Fixed: Regular crashing for some users when trying to play music. Note: If you're having trouble with an update, please always make sure to go through the ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes

i podtouch unreliable using spotify my old phone is better does not lose connection why is this?

can anyone help with this i pod loses internet and takes ages to restart spotify stops twice a day or so

• Casual Listener
  • can anyone  help with this i pod loses internet and takes ages to restart spotify stops twice a day or so  
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Question re: Spotify on iOS

I'm currently about to run out of space on my iPhone and trying to free up some space. I was wondering if in iTunes, when a device is connected and shows you what is using what space, are songs that you've synced to your device included in the "Apps"...

• Regular
  • I'm currently about to run out of space on my iPhone and trying to free up some space. I was wondering if in iTunes, when a device is connected and shows you what is using what space, are songs that ...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

IPhone wont play tracks in correct order

Ive searched all over the app but no luck. I see the Shuffle Play button but that just randomly selects another track. How do I play an album in its correct order on my iPhone? Ok I found it. If you tap the now playing screen it has the options. Feel...

• Casual Listener
  • Ive searched all over the app but no luck.  I see the Shuffle Play button but that just randomly selects another track.  How do I play an album in its correct order on my iPhone?   ...
  • system22
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify won't play on iphone

I've paid for Premium and if I click "upgrade" in Spotify now it says I have an active Premium-account. However I canno't use Spotify on my iPhone, when I click on a song (they are all marked "light grey") it says I need premium for on-demand mobile ...

• I've paid for Premium and if I click "upgrade" in Spotify now it says I have an active Premium-account. However I canno't use Spotify on my iPhone, when I click on a song (they are all marked "light ...
  • MichaelJerzak
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

MP3 tracks transfered to Spotify problem

I transfered about 150 songs from a folder on my desktop to my "SlamFM" playlist in Spotify. The problem is that Spotify doesn't synch these tracks on my iPhone's playlist so I can only listen these tracks on my laptop but not on my iPhone. When I co...

• I transfered about 150 songs from a folder on my desktop to my "SlamFM" playlist in Spotify. The problem is that Spotify doesn't synch these tracks on my iPhone's playlist so I can only listen these ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Premium upgrade not on phone

I upgraded to premium but it still does not work on my iPad or iPhone. It says only premium members.... I tried to re-download the apps and it still isn't working. A little help would go a long way

• Casual Listener
  • I upgraded to premium but it still does not work on my iPad or iPhone. It says only premium members.... I tried to re-download the apps and it still isn't working. A little help would go a long ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Just started 30 day free trial, but can't login

On my iphone I get 'login failed Could not login to spotify. Maybe you've changed the password.....?' So I reset the password, carefully typing the new password into the Spotify Login screen on the iphone 4s ios 6.1 but it keeps failing. I did have a...

• Casual Listener
  • On my iphone I get 'login failed Could not login to spotify. Maybe you've changed the password.....?'  So I reset the password, carefully typing the new password into the Spotify Login screen on...
  • Adam
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes