Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Saved albums are automatically saved in the playlist of favorite songs.

Saved albums are automatically saved in the playlist of favorite songs.

Plan

Premium

Germany

Device

iPhone X

Hi together, as soon as I download an album for offline mode, these songs will be automatically added to the playlist of "Lieblingssongs". This makes this playlist completely overloaded. If I remove the album from the "Like" status, these songs will no longer appear in the downloaded files when the phone is switched to offline mode. And this although these songs are still downloaded. And the songs are still included in the playlist "Lieblingssongs".

In addition, albums that are downloaded but not in "Like" status cannot be retrieved offline. They are simply no longer displayed in the library.

Best regards

10 Replies

Hello,

So the functionality of adding songs to your library has been changed in the last update. As you've discovered, tapping download or the heart button will no longer add an album to your Liked Songs. To do so, tap ... at the upper right and tap "like all songs." Your Liked Songs should function as "Songs" did before, it's just how songs get to that playlist that has changed. Hope this helps! If you have any other problems, let me know and hopefully I'll be able to help out. 

Okay, that's really good! The only problem is that albums that are not marked with "Like" can't be found in offline mode anymore. It is no longer possible to access the albums in offline mode via the artist and they are no longer displayed under the item Albums. In addition, the albums which lose the "Like" status should also automatically disappear from the playlist "Lieblingssongs" or not?

Spotify will only show your music that you have downloaded onto your device in offline mode. Albums now only shows full albums that you have saved or liked. Liking an album now doesn't have an effect on the songs in your Liked Songs (Lieblingssongs). So unliking an album won't do anything to your like songs playlist. To remove all songs of an album from your liked songs playlist, go to the album > ... > "liked all songs." Hope this helps!

Before the update you could like an album and it's automaticly added to the "all songs" list and/or "like" list. Now I have like the album and/or like all songs. That's to much clicking! If I like an album, I want it to download, like before.

You have the possibility to download the album directly with the button "Download". You don't have to "like" every track.

True, but that doesn't add all the songs to the "Songs I like" list.

Thats right, but it is still possible to choose the music in the album section. if all songs saved in this one playlist the playlist gets massiv overloaded. my playlist had in the end more than 1000 songs. so i have the individual songs that liked sometime when i listen to radio with never found any more.

Sure, but that's from your Spotify-use perspective. I like to shuffle all saved albums/songs as well. Different user/different wishes 😉

There is no function to view all downloaded titles and shuffle through them. This function would be nice. Like it is available at Amazon Music.

It was available though... All saved albums where automaticly added to the "all songs" playlist and I downloaded that playlist.

Now you have to like the album ánd like all individual songs to add them to the "songs I like" playlist.

Suggested posts