Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Saving a radio

Saving a radio

Hi,

On my iPad or iPhone, I know how to save a radio from a specific artist or song.  I have done it before. 

For  the « Flying Horses », saving the radio station does not seem to work.  From the artist, I went to the radio and clicked to follow it but it does not appear in the station list like usual ...  but I can save the radio station in « My Sonos » ‘s favorites.

Just realized that I have the same problem with « Alexandra Strelisky » ‘s radio.

Do you have a clue for this one ?

6 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hello,

Thanks for helping.

My iPhone and iPad's iOS version is 12.1.4 on both and my desktop OS is 10.14.3, also the latest. 

Spotify's iPhone and iPad version were 8.4.97 (they seem to be the latest from the AppStore) and my desktop version is 1.1.2.285.ga97985ef, also the latest.   As requested, I reinstalled all Spotify versions.

I am now quite confuse about creating a Station in Spotify.  I am unable to create repeated conditions with repeated results.  Before, by «Following» a specific radio station added it to the «Station list».  This was mostly straight forward and easy to do and understand.  Now it seems to create a playlist instead and sometimes it does add it to the station list (true for «Flying Horses» and « Alexandra Stevinsky»'s radio but sometimes not (for «André Rieux»'s radio, as an example).  I experienced those condition before and after reinstalling all Spotify versions.

I also just realized that the Stations's list lists any recently followed radio station rather than all followed radio station.  That quite complicates the understanding of all these behavior.

Do you follow me somewhere ?

To say the least, I find that a simple case results in rather very complicated problem.  Station list should only include followed radio stations and not be added as Playlist.  

Hey @rlesperance,

Thanks for you reply 🙂

Could you check this post for more on how the new radio works now?

Does this happen with only this artists? 

If possible, could you share the links to their radio playlists?

Keep me posted.

That seem to be an explanation ... but have converted any easy option to a quite complicated one. Thanks for helping.

Hey @rlesperance,

You can give your support to this idea, by adding your +VOTE and/or comments in there.

Or if you'd like to suggest something more specific I'd suggest starting a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange.

This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

Hope it helps 🙂

Thanks for the suggestion ...  Really I am not sure I understand all that issue completely.  It was so simple and now it got so complicated.

The feature that I want back, is the possibility to create a radio station from, at least, any artist and to see that radio station added to my «Stations» list.  If that is the point of the thread you sent me, I will add my vote.

Maybe to have a look to YouTube Music or any other music service to see the ease of use of each is a good idea after all.

Thanks again.

Suggested posts