Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Search function doesn't work anymore - iPhone 5S

Solved!

Search function doesn't work anymore - iPhone 5S

Hi,

So all of sudden the search doesn't work on the Spotify app on my iphone. I can type into it but once I press search, I get 'An Error occured Try again' message or I get a message that says that items for my search can't be found. All of my songs on my playlists still play but if I try to access artists or albums through the songs on my playlists I get the same message from the search function.

I've tried reinstalling the app, but with no luck--the problem is still occuring and now my playlists won't even show up (the loading icon constantly appears).

Everything works on the desktop end, and I just tried the app on my iPad and everything seems to be good on there too. It's just the app on my phone that is not working suddenly. 😕

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Also, have you tried restarting the phone (hold home and lock button for 10 seconds)? I've had this problem and a restart cleared it out.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

What happens if you log out of the app (Menu butter -> Settings) and log in again?

Hi gprocess,

I have tried logging out and logging back but still no luck; the problem is still occurring 😕
Marked as solution

Also, have you tried restarting the phone (hold home and lock button for 10 seconds)? I've had this problem and a restart cleared it out.

Doh! That's probably one of the first things I should have tried. It worked! Thanks a lot.

No problem, glad to hear it worked out. 🙂

Well it works for a while after restarting but when you pick it up hours later the search function is lost again. Can't wait till they fix this bug! Though maybe it's good to restart your phone everyday anyway....

Just saw this post is actually a year old. But this problem didn't start happening for me until the latest round of updates from the past month.

This started happening to me as describe a few weeks ago. I've tried all of the above. Restarting my iphone makes it better, very briefly. This is extremely frustrating. Will start looking into other streaming services soon. Any thoughts?

Hello everyone, my app has now been playing up for a week or so, I can play music however when I go to search, as soon as I press the search button my app cashes and my iPhone goes back to the home screen. I have tried deleting and re downloading, tried resetting my phone. Nothing is working, any suggestions would be appreciated. Cheers.

I have a chronic problem with my search not working - I get the error, try again.  I re-install the ap and it works, but this happens 2-3 times per week.  Has anyone at Spotify or in the user community gotten to the bottom of this.  It's such a waste of time - enough to drop Spotify. Any thoughts are appreciated.  Thanks!

Suggested posts