Serious alarm clock bugg!

Serious alarm clock bugg!

CartelZ
Casual Listener
So if you listen on Spotify for too long so it pauses. For example when you fall asleep. The pause button will be bugged like it's playing but it isn't see image: https://share.icloud.com/photos/0ASJ2EsURG6sRhSByw6DZIF2w And the alarm clock will go off in the set time. But with zero sound. It will just show the snooze and stop button. So the main issue is that the phone won't even vibrate or make a sound.
FC30E426-643F-449D-B452-944F27B7A08A.png
25 Replies

Re: Serious alarm clock bugg!

CartelZ
Casual Listener
Also sometimes when you just pause music the bug comes

adamex
Casual Listener

My iPhone SE (latest version of everything) doesn't have an alarm sound sometimes, now I realized it's the Spotify app that causes it:

0. Used Spotify on my phone in the night (Bluetooth streaming in my car)
1. Playing Spotify music on my Macbook Pro in the morning
2. Airplay it to my speakers

3. Alarm goes off on my iPhone

4. Spotify suddenly pauses the music on my Macbook

5. Alarm goes silent on iPhone after 0.5 sec: no sound, no vibration

Cannot reproduce often, but happened to me like 5 times in the last few months, really annoying and dangerous!

joh0lin

Happens to me more often than not. 

This bug made me miss a meeting this morning!

9inuhz_jo-ih6

Same here.

it makes sense when you are actually playing music that the alarm just stops the music, but this still happens when music hasn’t even been playing.

Just a silent alarm with the snooze option on the display

d8ter

Same problem for me. Missed an important meeting because of this. There is a whole thread on Reddit and this still hasn't been fixed!! - https://www.reddit.com/r/iphone/comments/9u4cqk/how_an_ios_121_bug_prevents_the_alarm_from_going/ 

lastadventure
Regular

You guys made me miss an important thing because of his bug.  Really screw you guys spotify

Myou

Both me and a coworker have experienced this and both overslept because of it.

I am not sure who I am most mad at.. You for creating this bug and not fixing it (have experienced this for over 3 months now), and forcing me to close Spotify every night before turning on an alarm... Or iOS for letting you mess up an Alarm Sound...

ehorton56
Visitor

same thing here. music doesn’t have to be playing as long as the app is still open in the background. i’ve had to pay a few hundred dollars now for no-show fees from missed doctor appointments.

lastadventure
Regular

Yup, Spotify is trash.  This bug literally makes people lose money and they havent even acknowledged or fixed this.  This has been going on for a long time.   I suggest we keep bumping this thread and others then take it to social media, only way for the little guy getting kicked to get heard.  These guys literally made people lose money

SUGGESTED POSTS